I love peanut sauce, and this satay sauce recipe is a perfect example why. The only problem is that the standard peanut sauce recipe in my cookbook is loaded with fat and carbs, which makes it mostly useless for low carb diets.
This is a low carb peanut sauce that’s super easy to make. It’s a great low carb dipping sauce for chicken or beef, and you can also use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, with other vegetables, or to flavor baked chicken or pork. It’s also great as a pizza sauce or as a salad dressing.
This recipe for sauce is easy to make and versatile. If you want to make it, you can adjust the number of servings you’ll get. For example, if you want to make 10 servings, you can double the recipe and cook it in a large pan over a long period of time. I’ve done this and it’s easy and yields a lot of peanut sauce. You can’t really mess this recipe up since you’re starting with peanut butter.
Satay sauce- Peanut Sauce magic recipe
Prep. Time: 5Min. Cook Time: 5Min. Yield: 4
This low-carb peanut-butter sauce is delicious. Because of the creamy richness of the peanuts, it’s a big hit with youngsters too.
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 3 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 165ml can coconut milk
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. roasted peanuts – finely chopped
- pinch chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except lime juice and let it simmer on medium heat whilst stirring with a wooden spoon.
- The sauce will look thin at first, then as it comes close to boiling point, it will start to thicken. Don’t let the sauce boil, just turn down the heat as it approaches boiling point and stir until thickened, then turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Allow to boil for 5–10 minutes on low heat, or until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, chili flakes and fresh coriander before serving. ( Optional step )
Nutritional Value: 155 calories
This easy 10-minute Sauce Recipe makes a great dip for chicken, pork or vegetable skewers. Smooth and creamy with a little chili kick!
It also goes perfectly with satay chicken skewers – which is a recipe we all love at home. Not forgetting beef satay skewers too. This sauce is surprisingly very good with very little ingredients.
It is an easy-to-make recipe that you can prepare for your loved ones and enjoy on occasions like kitty party and buffet. Made with the goodness of peanut butter, this lip-smacking American recipe will definitely be a treat for your taste buds and will leave your guests amazed. This scrumptious dip recipe will surely add a new flavor to your regular meal and will be loved by people of all age groups. One good thing about this tasty sauce is that it requires very less effort from your side and can be prepared within a few minutes. You can even store it in an air-tight container and use it later.
This sauce, is an original Thai peanut sauce (satay is the spelling of the Thai word for skewered meat). It has a distinct flavor. It is made from roasted peanuts, chili, garlic, lemongrass, and lime juice. Read more about keto satay sauce almond butter.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- is peanut sauce keto friendly
- peanut sauce recipe no sugar
- low calorie satay sauce
- chicken satay with peanut sauce