Keto, low carbohydrate diets, and the Paleo diet have been gaining a lot of traction in the media. While these diets are all good for you, they can also be intimidating for many people. In this post, we’re going to break down the ketogenic diet and show you how to make keto coconut flour bread.
I really don’t know how to begin. I have been a patient for the last few months and have finally found the answer I have been looking for. I have been trying to find a way to teach myself to eat healthy. I have tried to many different ways but nothing worked for me.
As I started to lose weight, I always had the mentality that it was the weight I was losing that was the problem, not the way I ate. Then I came across Keto. What I love about Ketogenic diet is that it is simple. There are no crazy rules to follow. I can eat anything I want. I don’t have to count calories or carbs. All I have to do is eat real food. Not processed food.
I’m kind of running low on coconut flour, so I thought I’d try this keto coconut flour recipe! It’s super easy, and tastes awesome! The texture is super light and airy, and I find it works well to add a little extra protein to whatever I’m making. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Keto Coconut Flour Bread Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10Min. Baking Time: 50Min. Servings: 16
This one was nearly dubbed “Almost Cornbread.” However, there is no corn. Let that not deter you from serving it with chili. Alternatively, slather the butter over thick and serve with a large bowl of bone broth. Primal contentment!
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter or 120g (use 1/2 cup olive/coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder (aluminum free if possible)
- 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Set aside a 9x5x3″ (23x13x8cm) loaf pan that has been greased.
- Whisk together the eggs in a large mixing basin.
- Add the butter ( oil for dairy free) and beat the mixture for few minutes.
- Stir in the dry ingredients like coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 50 minutes on the middle rack, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 15-20 minutes on wire rack before slicing to serve.
Nutritional Value: 100calories
Slice and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. This bread freezes well.
This is a gluten-free, grain-free recipe that’s simple, delicious, and easy to make. It’s the perfect bread for those on the keto diet, the paleo diet, and anyone who wants bread that’s grain-free and low in carbs.
Keto coconut bread is a fantastic substitute for my regular keto bread but it is is nut free and slightly lower in calories. The bread is fluffy, sliceable and totally delicious.
Tips & Notes:
-Please make sure that when you’re baking this recipe, that you use aluminum-free baking powder. Baking powder with aluminum reacts to acidic ingredients like coconut, causing this greenish color and what many people find to have a metallic taste.
-To make this keto coconut bread dairy free, all you have to do is substitute the butter with olive oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is coconut flour OK on keto?
Coconut flour is not a low-carb flour, and it can be difficult to find on keto. If you are looking for a low-carb flour, I recommend trying almond flour or coconut flour mixed with other flours.
Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour for Keto?
Yes, you can use coconut flour instead of almond flour for Keto.
Does coconut flour bread taste good?
Coconut flour bread is not a good idea because it is very dry and crumbly.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- primal bakery protein bread
- keto coconut flour recipes
- low carb coconut flour recipes
- coconut flour recipes
- coconut flour cookies
- keto coconut flour cookies
- cream cheese
- coconut flakes
- coconut flour blueberry muffins
- simple coconut flour bread recipe
- low carb coconut flour yeast bread recipe
- keto coconut flour bread recipe
- coconut flour bread recipe with yeast
- coconut flour sandwich bread