Looking for a great new pizza crust recipe? Look no further – I’ve recently discovered Kristie Sullivan’s KeDough Pizza Crust recipe. It’s the perfect base for all of your favorite pizza toppings. Take a look at the recipe below and see if you agree with my assessment.
Kristie Sullivan is a talented cook who lives in LA and was a contestant on Food Network’s “Top Chef”. I’ve been dying to try her famous pizza dough recipe but I’ve never had the time until now. This is a labor of love and several version (ten +) of this dough all made from scratch!
A couple of weeks ago I made the most delicious dough for a pizza I’ve ever made in my life. Honestly, if I could go back in time and change a few things, I would. Although I know I have made some mistakes, it still was a success.
This dough, although a mother of a challenge, turned out to be the best pizza dough I’ve ever made. See for yourself: a) The dough when it was done ~ I know this is a little dark, but that’s how it was when I took a picture of it. I know I said I was going to take pictures, but I forgot. And b) It tasted amazing. ~ It was so good I had to take a second bite. ~~
KeDough pizza from Sullivan’s
Prep. Time: 15 Min. Cooking Time: 10-12Min. Servings: 6
It’s unusual to find a portable keto KeDough pizza. This pizza crust is much crisper than the renowned fat head pizza, and it’s ideal for holding in your hands without a fork or plate.
- 180 ml (75 g) whey isolate whey protein isolate (unflavored)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp granulated garlic
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp Italian seasoning
- 130 g (400 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 130 g (280 ml) mozzarella cheese
- 85 g (90 ml) cream cheese
- 90 ml olive oil
- 1½ eggs
- 90 ml unsweetened tomato sauce
- 700 ml (325 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ (110 g) red bell pepper
- 350 g fresh italian sausage
- 1½ tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Mix them all thoroughly. The dough will have the consistency of a thick batter rather than a workable soft dough.
- On the side, use the parchment paper to line a baking sheet or pizza stone. Smooth the dough into a 9-inch circular pizza crust using a wooden spoon or spatula. You can take small portions and make separate 4-5″ pizza crusts.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the crust for 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the crusts from the oven and slather them with tomato sauce and cheese & than add your favorite pizza toppings, or save them for another time.
- Return the pizza to the oven after adding toppings to bake until the toppings have turned brown and the cheese has melted properly.
Nutritional value: 780 calories
These crusts freeze really well and can be pulled from the freezer, piled with toppings, and then baked until hot for a quick pizza meal. The most troublesome thing to do on keto diet is pizza but with this recipe you can totally follow the diet and relish the pizza too. These pizza base can be made prior and can be easily freezed in zip lock bags. And whenever you wanna enjoy the dish just pull the out and defrost first, load it with you favorite toppings and Enjoy!!
Having lots of options when one is on keto diet make sit much easier to sustain the diet and enjoy the process too.
This article broadly covered the following related topics: