This keto cobb salad is a favorite of mine during the summer, since it’s the perfect light meal or side dish. The keto cobb salad is packed with greens, avocado, tomato, bacon, egg, cheese, and most of all the flavor of cobb salad dressing. If you’re not a fan of tomato, you can swap it with the avocado for a lower carb and keto friendly alternative.
This salad tastes great and is keto-friendly. You can make it in bulk for a party. It can be ready in under an hour. It is always a crowd pleaser. The best part is that you don’t have to tell anyone it is low carb because it tastes so good. Everyone will ask for recipe.
Wow, the keto diet has really taken off. You may not know what it is, but you’ve probably read something about it. It’s not really a diet as much as it is a lifestyle change, but it has shed a lot of light on why we eat the way we do. The keto diet is all about eating fat to lose weight, and produces some very dramatic weight loss results. The diet leaves you feeling full after eating very few foods, and is easier to follow when you replace carbs with fat.
Keto Cobb salad with ranch dressing
Prep. Time: 20Min. Cook Time: 10Min. Servings: 4
Keto Cobb salad is a classic that never goes out of style. Bacon, avocado, chicken, eggs, and blue cheese… all of your keto favorites piled high on a crisp, refreshing salad! So make this quick lunch (or supper) that’s rich in protein and fat, and you’ll receive high fives from everyone!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2-4 tbsp. heavy cream (as needed to create dressing consistency you like)
- 10 slices bacon slices
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced (seasoned lightly with salt and pepper to taste)
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Begin by making the dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, and water in a mixing bowl. Add heavy cream, starting with 2 tbsp. and increasing 1 tbsp. at a time, whisking until dressing has reached desired consistency. Set dressing aside.
- Cook the eggs for 8-10 minutes in boiling water. Cool in cold water to make peeling easier. Roughly chop them.
- In a hot, dry skillet, fry bacon slices until crispy. Remove to a plate to cool down.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika. Now, again in a heated skillet add chicken breasts, cooking 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through and becomes golden brown. Let it cool.
- Assemble the salad now by layering the plate with romaine lettuce, than layer the chicken, bacon, avocado, veggies, eggs, and blue cheese. Season everything, particularly the eggs, with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with dressing and chives, which have been carefully chopped.
Nutritional Value: 725 calories
- Use your favorite lettuce. I love the crunch of romaine, but feel free to mix and match your favorites!
- Make sure to slice the avocados right before serving so they stay nice and green.
Hold the mayo, hold the cheese, hold the everything! This keto-friendly Cobb Salad is a delicious spin on a classic low carb main dish. The creamy dressing brings all the flavors together like a hand in a glove, and it is so easy to throw together!. Read more about keto cobb salad freshii and let us know what you think.
Fresh, healthy and easy, this Cobb salad is keto and low-carb friendly, and comes with a delicious homemade ranch dressing! A Cobb salad is an American entrée salad made with chopped lettuce, crispy bacon, sliced or diced chicken, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, avocado, green onions or chives and some type of cheese.
Cobb salads are, by nature, a low-carb meal. Plenty of protein, low carbs and high fiber. This version adds extra fats (from cooking the chicken in bacon grease, extra avocado, extra blue cheese, and a rich ranch dressing), to make it keto-friendly!
There are many other ingredient which you can add to the salad like Turkey, pork tenderloin, salmon, shrimp, you name it!
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs are in a cobb salad with ranch?
A cobb salad with ranch has about 20 grams of carbs.
What kind of salad dressing can I have on keto?
There are many salad dressings that are keto-friendly. The best option is to use a vinaigrette dressing, which is usually made with olive oil and vinegar.
What brand of ranch dressing is Keto-friendly?
I am not able to answer that question.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto cobb salad recipe
- keto ranch dressing
- keto ranch dressing recipe
- keto salad dressing store bought
- creamy dressing for cobb salad