Oven baked sausages are the perfect low-carb meal. You can make them in large batches and freeze them, so you can enjoy them again and again. This recipe is easy to follow, and the sausage is very flexible. You can substitute meat, herbs and spices, depending on your taste.
Hello. I am the author of the blog “silverbowbakery”. Here, over 100 Recipes, are all low-carb recipes. From vegetables, to meats, and even dessert recipes. You can find all of them on my blog silverbowbakery.com.
You’ve seen them in the grocery store, but did you ever wonder how they were made? Now you can make your own low-carb, oven-baked sausages right in your own home. Here’s a simple recipe that will show you how easy it is to make these delicious sausages.
Oven- baked Sausages with vegetables
Prep. Time: 10Min Cooking time: 30Min. Servings: 4
Are you on a low carb diet? Absolutely. Scrumptious? Oh, sure. Is it possible to be light and meaty at the same time? You’re aware of it! On any weekday evening, serve this simple one-pot dinner.
- Sausages- 4 or as desired no.
- Onions-1 sliced
- Zucchini- 1 cut into small pieces
- Garlic cloves- 2 minced & chopped
- Tomatoes- 1 big or 2 medium chopped
- Cheese cubes- 5 or as per choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Using butter, grease a baking dish.
- Slice the zucchini into small pieces. The onion should be peeled and sliced into wedges. Garlic should be sliced or chopped.
- In a baking dish, combine the zucchini, onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Place the cheese cubes among the veggies, diced into inch-sized pieces. Add salt, pepper, and basil or thyme to taste.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes, or until the veggies are browned and caramelized and the sausages are fully cooked.
Nutritional value: 380 calories
This meal is sure to satisfy a crowd, so double or treble the recipe for a gathering! Easy steps on how to cook sausage in the oven. In just 30 minutes you’ll have delicious oven baked sausage for dinner. This works for all sausage links and patties!
Oven baked sausages, like all meat, love a little rest before being served.
Sausages are usually made from minced pork. Salt is added for flavor and to help preserve the meat. They will often also contain a filling and binding ingredient called rusk which is like very fine, dry breadcrumbs and is used to help bind the ingredients together and stop the meat drying out by absorbing the fat as it cooks.
Oven baked sausages are quite easy to cook and convenient too, so sausages are a useful staple. They do need to be cooked properly though, and as they contain a relatively high fat content so they can burn easily. They need to be cooked at medium heat/temperature.
Once baked they can be chopped and simmered in a sauce or stew which will put back a little of the moisture lost from baking. Chopping the sausages up and mixing them with other ingredients is also a great way to make them serve more people.
These are great served with mashed potato, onion gravy and your favorite green vegetables.
The only downside to baking sausage is that you will not have the characteristic grill marks that are created when pan frying or grilling.
Read more about low-carb baked sausages with apple recipe for dinner and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto sausage recipe
- keto sausage and peppers
- keto sausage
- keto sausage recipes for dinner
- keto sausage casserole