This is a recipe on how to make Pork Chops with Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan that is adapted from a recipe by Mark Bittman. The ingredients used in this recipe are pork chops, cauliflower, heavy cream, butter, egg yolks, fresh rosemary, ground black pepper, salt, and a good chicken stock called Better Chicken Stock.
The last time I picked up a pork, I didn’t even know what it was. Now, I’m a little bit of a purist when it comes to pork. I know that the typical cut of pork I’m used to seeing in the grocery store is exclusively a young cow, but I’m happier to eat the chops of an older cow. I don’t like the fat, which doesn’t melt evenly throughout the pork chop. I only like the meat that comes off the bone, not the fat that is left behind.
Pork chops with roasted cauliflower and Parmesan
Prep. time: 15Min. Cooking Time: 30Min. Servings: 6
Pork chops with bright and flavorful butter and creamy cauliflower? Please, yes! And, best of all, this kaleidoscope of color and taste is ready in just 30 minutes. Hello, almost instantaneous low-carb pleasure!
- 170 g butter, at room temperature
- 1½ garlic cloves, pressed
- ¾ tbsp. garlic powder (optional)
- 6 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Pork shoulder chops
- 1 kg pork chops, at room temperature
- 1½ tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 85 g butter, for frying
- 1 kg cauliflower
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 350 ml (120 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius), ideally with the broiler on.
- Combine all of the herb butter ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper after rubbing them with ranch seasoning. Remove from the equation.
- Trim the cauliflower and rinse it before slicing it into 0.5″ (1,5 cm) slices with a sharp knife.
- Place the cauliflower on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush both sides of the slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown, until the parmesan cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, sauté the chops in butter until cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes on each side, over medium-high heat.
- Allow a few minutes for the chops to rest before serving with the cauliflower and herb butter.
Nutritional Value: 825 calories
Tender, golden and juicy Creamy Pork Chops with Roasted Cauliflower. Served in a creamy garlic and spinach sauce filled to the brim with flavor. Low carb, gluten-free, easy to make and ready on the table in less than 30 minutes! Enjoy your pork chops with cheesy cauliflower without any diet guilt. It is fabulous recipe for people on keto diet.
Cooked in one pan, they are perfect for quick and easy weeknight dinners. Make these for a special occasion for someone.
Remove the chops out of the refrigerator at least 20-30 minutes before cooking. They need to warm up slightly in order to cook more evenly.
If you want a lighter version of this meal, use half-n-half instead of heavy cream. Or fully replace with chicken broth. These make a great alternative for low carb “mashed potato”.
OTHER SIDE OPTIONS FOR CREAMY PORK CHOPS
- MASHED POTATOES
- MINI HASSELBACK POTATOES
- CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES
This is my all time favorite dinner. Easy to prepare. Its yummy and everyone loves it too. Read more about pork chops and cauliflower cheese and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- pork and cauliflower recipes
- pork chop and cauliflower casserole
- baked pork chops and cauliflower
- pork chops cauliflower cheese
- pork chops broccoli cauliflower