Keto walnut zucchini salad is the perfect summer salad for any healthy eater or anyone on a low carb diet. It is a hearty, filling, and delicious way to get your nutrients. The dressing is a simple mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
As I hit a good weight this summer, I’ve been craving some light, crisp, and refreshing foods. Zucchini is a staple in my diet at the moment, so I whipped up this zucchini salad to serve as a side dish, or a light lunch or dinner. It’s dressed in a light and creamy yogurt and mayonnaise dressing, with a little dash of salt and pepper, and studded with some walnuts. It’s kept in the fridge for a few days, and it tastes great chilled or at room temperature.
Walnuts are a classic ingredient for zucchini salads. I used to make my own homemade zucchini salad for my family but now I don’t have the time, so I found this recipe on the internet. Follow the recipe and you will be very pleased with the result. It’s a simple recipe that is very easy to make using common ingredients.. Read more about other keto salads and let us know what you think.
Keto Walnut Zucchini Salad recipe:-
Prep. time: 20Min. Making Time: 15Min. Yield: 2
Meet your new low-carb favorite! This salad is crisp and nutty, and it’s loaded with sautéed zucchini flavor. It’s ideal for a backyard BBQ or a Wednesday night!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 90 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. chili powder
- ½ head of Romaine lettuce
- 55 g (650 ml) arugula lettuce
- 30 ml finely chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 1 (200 g) zucchini
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 120 ml (50 g) chopped walnuts or pecans
- To make the dressing, mix together all of the ingredients in a small dish. While preparing the salad, keep the dressing aside to develop flavor.
- The salad should be trimmed and sliced. In a large mixing basin, combine the Romaine, arugula, and chives.
- Scoop out the seeds from the zucchini by splitting it lengthwise. Crosswise cut the zucchini halves into half-inch slices.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers. Season the zucchini in the pan with salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are gently browned but still firm.
- Combine the cooked zucchini with the salad and toss well.
- In the same pan as the zucchini, toast the nuts slightly. Salt & pepper to taste. Drizzle salad dressing over the nuts and serve.
Nutritional Value: 580kcal
Allow your imagination to go wild! This dressing goes well with various salads and may also be used as a cold sauce for meat or fish. Make a double batch of the dressing to have on hand.
The zucchini salad is also quite adaptable. It’s the ideal complement to substantial grilled meat, chicken, or fish.
It keeps in the refrigerator for at least 5 days.
When you see the word “keto” in a blog title, it’s pretty safe to assume that it’s about the ketogenic diet. As a reference, the ketogenic diet is an eating pattern that claims to allow you to lose weight without restricting caloric intake. Why, you might ask? Well, your body doesn’t need much to function—it’s all about burning fat for fuel. This is called ketosis, and it’s what the ketogenic diet aims to achieve. The ketogenic diet has also garnered a lot of attention as an alternative treatment for epilepsy in children, but it’s not a widespread practice. Read more about printable keto recipes here.
Try this too: Caesar Salad – Best tasting recipe
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- zucchini salad
- raw zucchini salad
- zucchini cucumber tomato salad
- raw zucchini recipes
- zucchini salad keto