Consider the recipe for Caesar salad, one of America’s most popular and classic dishes. It has become a staple in American cuisine because it is easy to make and pairs well with many different meals, like burgers or sandwiches. But unlike other salads that can be made quickly at home, this dish takes time – approximately 10-20 minutes. Moreover, the ingredients are not always readily available (eggs) nor do they come cheap (anchovies). So why bother when you could make something quicker if you get lucky enough to find all the ingredients?
The “original caesar salad recipe” is a classic dish that has been around for decades. The original Caesar Salad Recipe is made with romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar dressing.
For when you want to wow your dinner guests, make a classic Caesar salad with crisp handmade croutons and a mild Caesar dressing. Caesar salad is easy, classic and the ingredients are simple.
Recipe for Caesar Salad
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes Making Time: 25 minutes Yield: 2
- 1/2 French Baguette, halved and thinly sliced (1/4″ thick)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tiny garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 romaine lettuce, 1 romaine lettuce, 1 romaine lettuce, 1 rom (or 2 small heads romaine)
- 1/3 cup shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
Croutons: How to Make Them
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the baguette in half lengthwise through the top, then slice into 1/4″ thick slices diagonally. Place the loaves on a baking pan and bake them.
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp finely chopped garlic in a small bowl Drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons and top with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan.
- Toss until everything is equally covered. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until light golden and crisp, or until desired crispness is reached.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing (Caesar Salad Dressing):
- Combine the garlic, Dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil slowly while continually stirring.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste.
Making a Caesar Salad:
- Rinse, dry, then cut or shred the romaine into little pieces. Sprinkle liberally with shredded parmesan cheese and chilled croutons in a large serving dish. Toss lightly with the Caesar dressing until the lettuce is uniformly covered.
Nutritional Information: 285cal.
Top with grilled chicken or serve immediately as a side with any meal!
It is an easy summer staple but with these few tips, you can create the perfect salad every time.
- Ingredients (including the egg) should be at room temperature before making the dressing.
- Drizzle the oil SLOWLY. The slower you drizzle, the thicker the dressing will be.
- Use fresh lemon juice and fresh garlic for best results.
- To save time, prep the dressing in advance and keep it in the fridge. Homemade caesar dressing will last up to 3 days in your fridge in an airtight container!
- Wash and cut lettuce then wrap in a paper towel. This will ensure it dries correctly without drying out!
- To make in advance, keep your toppings and dressing separately and add everything once you are ready to enjoy it!
It also regulates the hormones in your body and maintains the fluid balance. It is extremely beneficial for weight loss and weight management. It builds your immunity and helps in fighting against diseases. It is good for your heart health.
It is a salad that is made with romaine lettuce, croutons and Parmesan cheese. The dressing for the salad includes garlic, anchovies and lemon juice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Caesar salad unhealthy?
It contains a large amount of croutons and cheese, which are high in saturated fat, sodium content, as well as high calories.
Whats Caesar salad made of?
It is made of romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, croutons, boiled eggs and anchovy.
- best caesar salad in the world
- homemade caesar salad dressing
- caesar salads
- creamy caesar salad dressing
- dijon mustard
- dressing recipe
- homemade caesar salad
- homemade dressing
- best caesar salad recipe
- caesar salad recipe easy
- caesar salad chicken
- chicken caesar salad recipe with egg
- caesar salad recipe philippines