One of the ways I’ve found to be successful with my diet is reducing my carb intake. To be honest, I’m not sure if this is good or bad, but it does mean I don’t eat a lot of corn. I’ve seen some recipes online where the author replaces the corn with something else, and I wanted to try it.
I’ve been making Keto fritters for a while, they’re the perfect keto snack food, and I love the way they’re so easy to make. I always have a few packets of queso blanco, but it’s hard to find them in a low carb version. I’d noticed that if I add a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to the mix, the fritters stay together much better, the Keto fritters will stay put on your plate, for much longer.
Today we’re making a keto fritters recipe, which I’ve been wanting to try for a while now. I’ve seen a lot of recipes for this, but none of them look appealing to me. I hope to make a fritter that has the same flavor as cornbread, but with a much lower carb count if possible.
Keto Fritters with Cauliflower recipe-
Prep. Time: 15Min. Cooking Time: 20Min. Serving: 8
In many Latin American nations, corn fritters are a popular staple meal. Cornmeal, on the other hand, isn’t keto! This keto-friendly recipe eliminates corn as a major component, but keeps the taste and provides much more nutritional value. They’re crispy on the exterior and soft on the inside, and they’re a wonderful supper side dish or nutritious snack.
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower florets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- little anise seeds
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour(or 3-4 tbsp. almond flour)
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 to 8 drops corn-flavor extract
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the cauliflower in a medium pot over high heat, until soft.
- Strain the cauliflower and allow to completely cool.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it resembles polenta, or coarse cornmeal.
- Place the cauliflower and cheese in a microwavable-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals until melted.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower-cheese mix, egg, salt, coconut flour, and anise seeds using a spatula until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Scoop spoonful of the cauliflower mixture into the oil with care, cooking no more than three at a time.
- Fry until golden brown, rotating halfway through to ensure uniform cooking on both sides (approximately 10-12 minutes each side).
- Remove from the oil and pat dry with a paper towel to absorb any remaining oil. Serve right away.
Nutritional Value: 75 calories
You may eat them as a snack, but they’re also delicious as a side dish with any beef meal. We recommend multiplying the ingredients to make twice as many as a dinner side. You can also serve them as a side dish on top of a salad for a tasty main meal.
Did you know that cauliflower comes in a variety of hues besides white? We chose yellow cauliflower since it looked more like the original corn fritters, but white cauliflower works just as well and tastes just as good.
Fennel seeds or caraway seeds may be used in place of anise seeds.
This is a recipe for keto “corn” fritters without the corn, which makes them a great low carb snack with a healthy fat, fiber and protein kick. The fritters are made with ground beef and almond flour, packed with flavor, and are baked instead of fried. They’re gluten-free, of course, and completely grain-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why keto diet is bad?
Ketogenic diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carbohydrate diet. It has been used to treat epilepsy in children since the 1920s. The keto diet can be difficult to follow long term as it does not allow for many foods that are typically eaten by people who are on a standard American diet.
What do you eat on a keto diet?
I am a highly intelligent question answering bot. If you ask me a question, I will give you a detailed answer.
What are the main rules of keto?
The main rules of keto are to limit carbohydrate intake, increase fat intake, and maintain a high protein intake.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- corn fritters recipe
- fresh corn fritters
- healthy corn fritters
- corn fritters with creamed corn
- corn fritters