The keto diet is a diet low in carbs and high in fat. It is considered a very efficient diet for weight loss. Keto Bacon and eggs is a keto breakfast that is simple to make and very tasty.
Low-carbohydrate, high-fat (LCHF) diets are gaining acceptance with the public. The ketogenic diet is a form of this eating style that involves consuming more fat than carbohydrates, and it is used to treat epilepsy and help people lose weight. Many people have lost weight using this diet.
Bacon is a staple of any bacon-loving diet, so it stands to reason that it would be a great addition to any keto diet. The problem is, not all bacon is keto-friendly, since some contain nitrates that can impair ketosis. A good rule of thumb for the keto diet is to stick with naturally, so that’s what we’ve done here – this recipe uses bacon, which has been ruminant-fed – so it’s got some of the fat removed – but is still keto-friendly.
Keto Bacon and Eggs recipe:
Prep. Time: 10 Min. Cook Time: 15 Min. Servings:2
You may have this keto bacon and eggs breakfast staple for lunch too if you like. Dinner is another option. For a wonderful crunch, we’ve added nuts and bell pepper.
This low carb version of Bacon & eggs breakfast in a skillet is good for any day of the week. Its fulfilling and low carb too so good for people who are on keto diet. It is full of nutrients and flavors!
- 5 oz./ 5-6 pieces of bacon slices
- 4 eggs
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup (4⁄5 oz.) walnuts
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- olive oil or butter
- arugula ( to garnish, optional)
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the bacon from both sides until it is crispy over medium heat.
- Remove bacons from the pan. Remove the fat that has collected in the pan and set it aside.
- Now, heat a little oil in the pan and sauté bell pepper on medium flame for few minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and cook the eggs in the same frying pan.
- Let cook until white has set, but yolk is still a bit runny, about 2-2 1/2 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- On a plate, arrange the bacon, eggs, avocado, walnuts, bell pepper, and arugula.
- Drizzle the last of the bacon grease over the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To cook bacon in the Oven:-
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a sheet pan with foil (for easier cleanup) then a sheet of parchment paper on top. Lay the bacon in a single layer (making sure to not to overlap) on the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (try rotating once), or until crisp.
Nutritional Value: 335 calories
Lower-carb nuts include walnuts, Brazil nuts, pecans, and macadamia nuts. Feel free to use your favorite instead. For added crunch, dry roast your nuts in stages (approximately an hour in a 250°F/120°C oven). Remember to season with salt immediately after roasting!
Keto Bacon and eggs is a staple ketogenic breakfast for many people on the keto diet, so I figured let’s add this in here to really let you take it to the next level!
One can make it with scrambled eggs too. The key to great scrambled eggs is to never overcook, and always add more richness to them. This one will be sure to please anyone you serve them up to, keto dieters or not.
Eggs are not only high in protein but they also contain many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. So, bacon and eggs really can be a healthy breakfast option, if eaten in moderation
Now, go ahead and enjoy this classic keto breakfast!
Frequently Asked Questions-
Can I just eat bacon and eggs on keto?
Yes, you can eat bacon and eggs on keto.
How many pieces of bacon can you have on keto?
You can have up to six pieces of bacon on keto.
Can you lose weight just eating bacon and eggs?
Bacon and eggs are a great way to add protein in your diet. They also have a lot of fat, which is important for weight loss.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto bacon recipes
- keto bacon and eggs
- keto egg recipes
- keto friendly bacon
- keto approved bacon brands