I have been experimenting with baking keto cookies to help with my keto, but they have been a little tricky to get right. Most of the recipes I have found are very time consuming and therefore require a lot of prep work. These keto hazelnut cookies are very easy to make and require no baking experience, they are just a simple mix of flours, baking powder, vanilla extract, egg and a little sweetener.
These Swedish Keto Hazelnut Cookies are a quick and easy low carb treat. (Buttery) hazelnuts, coconut flour, and vanilla extract are combined together to create this low carb version of a classic cookie recipe.
Swedish keto Hazelnut Cookies are a delicious and easy snack, which are a perfect treat to have in between meals. This keto recipe is filled with hazelnuts and less sugar than some other recipes. You can always add more sugar to your taste as these cookies are quite sweet on their own.
Quick Keto Hazelnut Cookies from Sweden
Prep. time: 5min. Baking Time: 20Min. Yield: 9
These crispy keto cookies come together quickly and easily. If you’re Swedish, I’m sure your grandma baked them for you when you were a child. It will undoubtedly conjure up pleasant memories, but without the sugar.
- 50 g butter, softened
- 40 ml (35 g) erythritol
- ½ egg whites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 120 ml (55 g) almond flour
- 120 ml (60 g) hazelnut flour
- 9 hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing dish, combine the butter, sweetener, egg white, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt. If possible, use an electric mixer.
- Mix in the nut flours until everything is well mixed and a wet dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1″ (2.5 cm) diameter balls with your hands and place them on the baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies with your fingertips and put a hazelnut into the center of each one.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow at least 30 minutes for the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before removing them. The cookies will be very soft when hot, but will firm up as they cool.
Nutritional Value: 130 calories
Healthy, gluten free hazelnut cookies made with hazelnut flour and studded with chocolate chips. Paleo, keto, gluten free and easy to make. Enjoy these hazelnut cookies with your morning coffee or as an after-dinner dessert. With 0.4 net carbs per cookie and delicious hazelnut flavor, you can’t go wrong!
With keto diet whenever you have craving it’s better to have something healthy & diet friendly within reach so that yo don’t feel guilty later. These keto cookies are great for a snack or to satisfy that sweet craving.
One of the hardest things to recreate are keto friendly baked goods. It’s difficult to get the same crunch you get when using flour and sugar, when using almond flour and sweeteners. These keto cookies have been able to get some crunch and aren’t like the soft cookies we have made with other keto cookie recipes.
It stays fresh for at least one week in the fridge in an airtight container.
I experimented with not bothering to whip the egg whites. This makes a firmer dough and you can roll little balls in your hand and press them down onto the baking sheet. The cookies taste lighter (and better) if you take the extra time to whip the egg white
This recipe is quick and easy to make and it is a tasty treat for anyone on a low carb, ketogenic diet. Although these cookies are keto friendly, you can easily use them to make a keto cookie dough for any other purpose. Read more about keto lemon recipes and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- hazelnut flour cookies keto
- keto chocolate hazelnut cookies
- hazelnut flour chocolate chip cookies
- hazelnut flour cookies
- hazelnut flour bread