Keto is one of the popular diets that has been making waves in the health and fitness world lately. But when you start eating keto, you have to change your diet to an entirely different way of eating. That’s where keto pulled chicken comes in. With the Keto Pulled Chicken recipe, you have a low carb and keto friendly meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
This recipe for Keto Pulled Chicken is my own creation. My husband and I ate this dish for dinner last night and loved it! It’s a twist on the traditional pulled pork sandwich – instead of the pork, you use chicken breast. It’s a bit fattier than traditional pulled pork, but the Keto diet is all about fat – and the South Beach Diet is all about eating fat. You can reduce up to 1/4 cup of the oil in this recipe by using butter instead.
If you are looking for a keto-friendly and amazing low carb and Paleo recipe, this Keto Pulled Chicken with Crispy Veggies is perfect for you. Read more about keto chicken recipes and let us know what you think.
Keto pulled Chicken recipe:
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 3.5Hr. Yield: 4
In the slow cooker or on the stove, making a tender, delicious chicken is a breeze. With sour cream and crunchy veggies, this is the ideal keto supper.
- 2⁄3 (75 g) yellow onion, finely chopped
- 40 ml water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 11⁄3 tbsp. chipotle powder or chili powder
- 2⁄3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2⁄3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 tsp salt
- 600 g boneless chicken thighs
- 210 ml crème fraiche or sour cream
- 190 g (1.25 liters) lettuce
- 2 (400 g) avocados
- 11⁄3 (20 g) scallions
- fresh cilantro
- Mix the marinade ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Toss in the chicken and toss to combine. Set the slow cooker to high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- Pull the flesh apart with two forks into tiny stringy strips in the slow cooker when the chicken is done, and stir to combine with the cooking liquids.
- Serve with a large dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream and finely sliced scallions, avocado, fresh cilantro, lettuce, and a generous dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream.
Nutritional Value: 610 calories
Special equipment is suggested.
- A slow cooker or a heavy-bottomed saucepan will suffice.
This is a recipe that I cook in my slow cooker a lot, so I tweaked it slightly to work with both a slow cooker and a pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Moist and tender threads of chicken breast enveloped in a rich, sweet, smoky low-carb sauce.
Is it possible to prepare pulled chicken without using a slow cooker?
If you don’t have a slow cooker, a large heavy-bottomed pot will suffice. Combine the marinade and the chicken in a large mixing bowl, making sure the meat is well coated. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-high heat. With the cover on, cook the chicken for 1.5-2 hours. Lower the heat and flip the chicken fillets halfway through. If necessary, add more water.
Once you’ve mastered the art of slow cooking and perfected your keto-friendly recipes, you can turn your attention to pulled chicken, which is a quick and easy dish to prepare and which tastes a lot like a cross between pulled pork and pulled beef.. Read more about keto creamy chicken casserole and let us know what you think.
Eat it in lettuce cups, over baby spinach, with cauli-rice or shirataki rice. I like to top mine with a hefty dollop of sour cream for added healthy fats and to offset the richness of the sauce. Enjoy!
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken recipes
- keto shredded chicken recipes
- low carb shredded chicken ideas
- keto chicken casserole
- keto pulled chicken