Red cabbage is one of my favorite veggies and I use it all the time, from soup to stir-fry. I love how it tastes in this low-carb roasted red cabbage recipe with smoked paprika and garlic. It’s a great side dish for any meal and as part of a larger meal, it makes a hearty soup. You can store the leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
This is a low-carb vegetable recipe that can be made into a delicious side dish or chopped into a salad.
Low-carb diets are the latest fad diet that shows up all over the internet and in health magazines. If you’re looking for a quick way to lose weight, there are no better diets than the lower carb diets. All you have to do is to avoid the carbs from your diet and you will feel great.
Red cabbage roasted recipe:-
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 25Min. Yield: 6
This side dish is the trifecta of deliciousness. It’s attractive, tasty, and nutrient-dense. Not to mention, it’s simple to make and low in carbs. It’s great for weekday get-togethers or exciting weekend get-togethers. This is a clear winner on all fronts.
- 1 head cabbage, sliced into six 1-inch pieces
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Take out the core. Cut the red cabbage into thick slices (about 34 inches) and lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet or a big baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast until the thinner leaves are crisp and the desired degree of brown at the edges depending on the thickness of the cabbage leaves. Keep an eye on any thin cabbage leaves as you may need to remove them from the sheet pan early if they start to get too crisp and brown.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cabbage is slightly crisped but not burnt.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and, if desired, splash the vinegar over the cabbage and toss with tongs. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Value: 175 calories
Cabbage may just be our favorite vegetable to roast because it gets crispy, caramelized, slightly sweet, and pairs well with just about any seasoning! Once roasted, it’s perfect for adding to bowls, salads, and soups, or just enjoying as a side.
It also couldn’t be easier — just 3 ingredients and 25 minutes required.
You may use whatever kind of cabbage you want, including fresh green cabbage, pointed cabbage, savoy cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. Cooking time should be adjusted appropriately.
Roasted red cabbage (actually, some would argue it looks more like PURPLE cabbage) is so incredibly easy—and surprisingly satisfying—to make in the oven. Simply toss with oil and cook. Just slice it, slick it with olive oil, and slide it in the oven. The longer the cruciferous veggie stays exposed to heat, the crisper it gets. Spectacular side with roast chicken or pork or even noodles or grain bowls or, gosh, so many things!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is red cabbage OK on keto diet?
Red cabbage is not on the keto diet, but it is a good source of vitamin C.
Is red cabbage high in carbs?
Red cabbage is high in carbs.
What can I do with a whole head of red cabbage?
You can make red cabbage coleslaw.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- roasted red cabbage steaks
- roasted red cabbage salad
- vegan red cabbage recipes
- keto red cabbage recipes
- roasted red cabbage balsamic