This recipe of Keto pork chops with cabbage I’m sharing with you today that was inspired by my husband when he was younger. He used to make this casserole almost every week and it was one of his favorite dishes to make.
With spring just around the corner, it is time to break out the garden. Plants have been starting to sprout in the backyard, putting an end to winter life while also providing the beginning of a new season. With the warmth of spring comes the promise of a warmer summer, and the promise of a warmer summer comes with the promise of a barbecue.
Keto Pork chops with cabbage are one of my favorite things to eat, especially on the weekends when I don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I love to cook them with a variety of different sauces and sides, but the one I enjoy most is a simple pork chop recipe I call “low carb”. I use a pork chop, but you can use any cut of meat you would like.
Cabbage casserole with keto pork chops
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 25Min. Yield: 6
A wonderful cabbage dish topped with a succulent pork chop and melted parmesan butter. This is a fantastic keto dinner!
- 2 lbs. pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz. butter
- 5 oz. butter
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. green cabbage
- 1 (4 oz.) yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 oz. butter
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 oz. (2⁄3 cup) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups (3½ oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove the butter and pork chops from the refrigerator and place them at room temperature to use later.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). With a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer, or in a food processor, shred onion, garlic, and green cabbage.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter. Soften the veggies in a skillet for 10 minutes without browning them.
- Combine the heavy cream, sour cream, cream cheese, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Stir well and continue to cook for another 5–10 minutes.
- Fill a baking dish halfway with the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes after adding the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the parmesan butter using a fork.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops and cook them in a skillet or on the grill until done.
- Allow for a few minutes of resting time before serving with the casserole and parmesan butter.
Nutritional Value: 1030 kcal.
A couple of slices of roast beef or pastrami, or a high-quality sausage, is an even easier choice.
This keto pork chops with cabbage recipe is perfect for a quick dinner because it will take only half an hour to get it ready, so you don’t have to spend long hours in the kitchen and you don’t need to have special pieces of equipment. The willingness to do it and an ordinary frying-pan are all you need, really.
The only thing better than a dinner of bacon, eggs and home fries? A pork chop. So in this recipe, instead of roasting a pork chop, we’re turning it into a low carb pork chop dinner by using a keto cabbage casserole . It’s a nice way to switch things up if you’re tired of pork chops or if you’re on a low carb diet.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto pork recipes
- pork chops and cabbage recipes
- pork chops and cabbage recipe
- pork and cabbage casserole
- baked pork chops and cabbage recipe