This healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is a quick, easy one-pot meal. The chicken breasts are tenderized in the pressure cooker with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil to give them great flavor from start to finish. This rice has been cooking all day!
The “instant pot chicken and rice cream of mushroom” is a recipe that can be made in an instant. The video shows how to make the dish, which is creamy and delicious.
Chicken and Rice in the Instant Pot is creamy and cheesy, with succulent chicken pieces. The tastes, as well as our garlic secret, will make you fall in love. This is a simplified version of our very popular stovetop chicken and rice dish. You’ll see how simple it is if you watch the video instruction below.
We love our instant pot because it gives us the same wonderful results in a fraction of the time, so we can have supper on the table quickly! Instant Pot White Chicken Chili, Instant Pot Bone Broth, IP Corn on the Cob, and the fastest Tender Ribs are just a few of our favorite.
This Rice with Chicken in the Instant Pot has a risotto-like texture but doesn’t need the time-consuming stirring of a risotto. The taste is extremely unforgettable, despite the fact that this recipe just requires a few basic ingredients. How? Using a complete head of garlic is the key.
This Will Change the Way You Cook Rice: The garlic cloves are revealed when the garlic head is split in half. After the taste has infused the rice, you may either remove the head of garlic or press the cloves into the rice. The garlic cloves will be so delicate and delicious that they will melt in your lips. The same method was used to produce Instant Pot Beef and Rice.
Chicken with Rice Ingredients:
You may use any kind of chicken for this recipe, including chicken breasts, thigh meat, and tenders. We choose chicken tenders since they are easy to prepare (no fat cutting required) and reheat nicely. They’re also the most delicate of the bunch. We often make use of the chicken that we have on hand.
Jasmine rice is the finest rice for this dish (white, long-grain rice). You may also use Basmati or Texmati rice and cook it for the same amount of time. Brown rice, like the kind we used in our Instant Pot Rice with Beef (Plov) dish, takes longer to cook.
This Instant Pot chicken and rice dish will change the way you eat supper. It’s one of the simplest and most delicious meals you’ll ever prepare, with minimum cleaning thanks to the instant pot!
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
Time to prepare: 5 minutes Time to cook: 20 minutes Servings: 8
With delicate chicken morsels, this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is creamy and cheesy. You’ll enjoy the taste and how easy Chicken and Rice in the Instant Pot is to create!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 big carrots, grated thickly or julienned
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless boneless chicken breasts, thighs, or tenders (trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces)
- 2 tsp salt (distributed)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 cups unwashed Jasmine rice
- 1 garlic head, peeled and sliced in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus additional as needed
- Add butter, oil, chopped onion, grated or julienned carrots, and 1 tsp salt to a 6 Qt Instant Pot set to cook on high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring periodically, or until soft and golden.
- 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, plus trimmed, chopped chicken Cook for 5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Stir in 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups rice until everything is well combined. Cut the entire garlic head in half, parallel to the base, through the cloves. Place the cut-side down garlic halves on top. Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure on manual, then immediately release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/3 cup chopped parsley after opening the top. If desired, top with more cheese and parsley.
Nutritional Information: 375 calories
Tips for Using an Instant Pot include the following:
First-time users should always read the user manual for their unique instant pot before using it, since yours may not work or look precisely like ours.
- For the seal to form correctly, make sure the rim and rubber seal of your instant pot are clean.
- To prevent the “burn” warning, stir the rice together before turning it on.
- For pressure to increase, remember to place your lever to the stealing position.
- Wear an oven glove and keep your face away from the hot steam vent while manually reducing pressure.
- I have a paper towel on hand to protect the vent if it spits liquid when venting or reducing pressure.
- Before lifting the lid, check the pressure indicator on your machine to make sure the pressure has totally released.
- Set timers and follow timing instructions to the letter. When pressure cooking, it’s easy to forget about your pot and overcook things.
This recipe for “cheesy chicken and rice instant pot” is a quick and easy meal that you can make in your Instant Pot. It’s cheesy, creamy, and delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you cook rice and meat at the same time in an instant pot?
A: You can cook your rice and beef together by adding about ¼ cup of water to the instant pot.
Is it OK to cook raw chicken with rice?
A: Cooking chicken and rice together is fine. However, its recommended to cook the rice separately so that the chicken doesnt get too soggy in the sauce.
What happens if you put raw chicken in the instant pot?
A: This is a question that no one has ever asked before. If you put raw chicken in the instant pot, it will cause harm to your device and could result in injury.
- easy instant pot chicken and rice
- instant pot chicken and brown rice
- southern chicken and rice instant pot
- instant pot chicken and rice with cream of chicken soup
- frozen chicken and rice instant pot