Be intrigued by the versatility of white lily cornbread mix! Here, we’ll uncover some unique recipes that are easy-to-make and delicious. Uncover how this versatile mix can upgrade your cooking with its rich southern heritage.
White lily cornbread is a hit in not just the south, but around the country. Add some milk, eggs, and butter and you’ve got a savoury side dish. To mix it up, add cheese or jalapeños for an extra kick.
Need something sweet? Mix honey or maple syrup into the mix to make a heavenly sweet cornbread treat. Perfect for those chilly nights when all you want is comfort food!
A customer shared their experience of making muffins with white lily cornbread mix on our website. They added blueberries and used almond milk instead of regular milk, and said it was heavenly.
Indulge in carb-filled heaven with these simple steps for the perfect white lily cornbread mix recipe!
White Lily Cornbread Mix Recipe
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 25Min. Yield: 8
- 1 teaspoon All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk or 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place an iron skillet with some oil in it.
- Combine White Lily Cornbread Mix, one egg, oil and 1&1/4 cup of milk in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the preheated skillet and bake for about 20-25 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- After taking it out of the oven, allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Your delicious White Lily Cornbread is now ready to savor with your favorite dish.
For some additional flavors, you can add melted butter, honey, or jalapeños to the batter before baking.
Nutritional Value: 215kcal.
Fun Fact: The White Lily Flour company was founded in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1883.
White Lily Mill Company first introduced the mix in 1883. They used soft winter wheat to improve texture and taste of baked goods, unlike other companies at the time. Today, White Lily still produces flours and mixes for various recipes.
Remember, ovens have different capacities, so stick to the recipe’s baking time. Plus, make sure to clean your oven before heating it up. This’ll help it work better and prevent unwanted odors or residue.
Tips to make perfect white lily cornbread recipe
- Add jalapeno peppers or green onions for an extra unique touch. Serve with butter and honey on top.
- Be careful to not over-mix the batter – it’ll make the cornbread tough and dry. Replace white sugar with honey or maple syrup for added sweetness.
- Increase liquid if needed, but measure accurately for consistent flavor. Mix batter for uniformity before pouring into preheated dish. Follow instructions to create a perfect blend of flavors.
- Using an electric mixer isn’t a good idea. It can overwork the batter, making it tough and dense.
- Mix well and you’ll have a creamy, slightly thick batter for your preheated cast-iron skillet or baking dish.
- Be sure to evenly distribute the mixture in the dish. Don’t over mix or try to smooth out any lumps; this can lead to tough cornbread.
- Use room temperature milk and eggs. Add additional ingredients like corn, cheese, jalapenos to enhance flavor profile
If you’re tempted to rush perfection, remember – you could burn your mouth on freshly baked cornbread!
Using Fresh Cornmeal Mix is crucial to make White Lily cornbread just right. Here are five reasons why it’s so important:
- It gives a fine texture plus extra nutrition.
- Prevents your cornbread from becoming overcooked or too dense.
- Stale mix can cause off-flavors.
- Old mix has low leavening power, affecting the rising process.
- More control over the moisture content in the batter when baking – always consistent results!
Follow these tips or else you’ll get dry and bland cornbread.
Things to Remember
- To add a unique touch to your cornbread, try using different types of milk or adding herbs like rosemary or thyme. Avoid overmixing the batter to prevent tough and dry results.
- To elevate your cornbread experience, try substituting the water with buttermilk, adding a touch of honey for extra sweetness, or experimenting with different varieties of cornmeal. Each of these techniques can help enhance the flavor and texture of your White Lily Cornbread.
- Get ready to turn up the heat, because this cornbread mix deserves a fiery furnace to really bring out its flavors.
- Different ovens may have varying heat levels, so watch your cornbread while it bakes. Don’t open the oven too often, as it lowers the temp and disrupts the perfect outcome.
- Add a special touch to your white lily cornbread! Substitute the water with buttermilk to give it a tangy taste. Sprinkle shredded cheese or diced jalapenos in the batter for texture and spice. Sweeten up each bite with a dash of honey or maple syrup. Or, add herbs like rosemary or thyme for savory notes.
- Mix and match these flavors to find your perfect concoction. But make sure you measure and incorporate them into the batter at the right time. Serve it warm and watch the butter drip down your chin!
Serve with salted butter or honey butter. For extra flavour, try sprinkling crumbled bacon or grated cheddar cheese on top of a warm slice of White Lily Cornbread. Get creative with your cornbread!
Variations of White Lily Cornbread Mix Recipe
There are various ways to modify the traditional White Lily Cornbread Mix Recipe and add some exciting twists to it. Below is a table showcasing some of the variations that can be made to the recipe. Each column represents a unique modification that can be made to the recipe, such as adding cheese or jalapeños, substituting buttermilk with milk, or adding honey to the mix to make it sweeter.
|Column 1||Column 2||Column 3|
|Jalapeños||Sour Cream||Pumpkin Puree|
In addition to the aforementioned variations, one can customize the recipe further by using different types of cornmeal or flour, or by adding other ingredients like nuts, dried fruits, or herbs. The sky’s the limit when it comes to experimenting with this classic cornbread mix recipe.
A fellow cornbread enthusiast shared a heartwarming story about how her grandmother used to make the White Lily Cornbread Mix Recipe with a special ingredient – love. She would always bake it in a cast-iron skillet, and the cornbread always turned out fluffy, golden, and delicious. The recipe has been passed down through generations and has become a cherished family tradition. This story serves as a reminder that sometimes the most important ingredient in a recipe isn’t something that can be measured, but rather the love and care that goes into making it.
Spice up your cornbread game with a little bit of cheese and heat, because there’s nothing like a good jalapeño business.
This variation is perfect for those who love a crispy crust and moist center. Enjoy this scrumptious side dish at your next Sunday brunch or backyard BBQ. Ditch the debate and get the entire White Lily mix bag.
You need to try the White Lily Cornbread Mix Recipe! It’s perfect for a wide range of occasions. From chili accompaniment to a standalone side dish, this recipe combines great texture and flavors.
It’s super easy to make. Just mix two cups of White Lily Cornmeal mix, two tablespoons of butter, one egg, 1/4 cup sour cream and one cup of milk. Bake it for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The sour cream brings a creamy texture and tanginess that works well with spicy dishes. If you’re looking for something different from classic cornbread recipes, this is the one for you. Don’t miss out on this yummy and effortless White Lily Cornbread Mix Recipe!
What ingredients do I need to make white lily cornbread mix?
To make white lily cornbread mix, you need white lily cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, oil, and eggs.
Can I substitute buttermilk for milk in the white lily cornbread mix recipe?
Yes, you can substitute buttermilk for milk in the white lily cornbread mix recipe. Buttermilk will give the cornbread a tangier flavor and a slightly denser texture.
How do I make the perfect golden crust on my white lily cornbread?
To achieve the perfect golden crust on white lily cornbread, preheat your skillet or baking pan before adding the batter. Make sure you use enough oil or butter to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake the cornbread in a preheated oven at 400°F until golden brown.
Can I add herbs or cheese to the white lily cornbread mix?
Yes, you can add herbs, cheese, or other flavorings to the white lily cornbread mix. Simply fold in your desired ingredients into the batter before pouring it into the pan.
How long does white lily cornbread last?
White lily cornbread can last up to 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, simply wrap the cornbread in aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
Can I use white lily cornbread mix to make muffins?
Yes, you can use white lily cornbread mix to make muffins. Simply spoon the batter into greased muffin tins and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.