Besan ladoo, also known as besan poori, is a popular Indian sweet that is made with gram flour (besan). It’s mildly spiced and has many variations including sugar-free.
The “besan ladoo recipe” is a traditional Indian sweet that is made from ground rice and ghee. It has a soft, cake-like texture and can be served warm or cold.
It is maybe one of the many traditional dishes that have been handed down through the years and is frequently prepared during festival seasons. It’s usually prepared with only three components and a dry fruit topping, but it may also be blended with additional flours.
Besan ke Ladoo recipes are Indian sweets that are cooked for a specific occasion. Each area and state in India has its own variants on these general ladoos, which varies in terms of ingredients. However, there are several standard ladoo recipes that are created throughout India without any changes, and besan ladoo is one among them.
Also included are some tips, suggestions, and variations for making a perfect and moist besan ladoo. First, I dry roasted the besan at a low flame before using it. This aids in the removal of the raw flavor while also increasing the scent of the besan. However, you must be cautious not to discolor or burn it. Second, as an alternative to sugar, you may use jaggery powder to create the same dish. Although jaggery is a healthier alternative, it may not have the same texture or sweetness. Finally, instead of using pure chickpea flour, you may add roasted peanuts, cashews, pistachios, and walnuts to the mix. Moreover, ghee-roasted raisins may be sprinkled on top of each ladoo.
Finally, with this article of besan ladoo recipe, I invite you to check out my other indian sweets recipes collection. Mysore pak, Kobbari ladoo, badam ladoo, narali bhat, mathura peda, ashoka halwa, gulab jamun, barfi, mawa barfi, biscuit ladoo are some of the comparable recipes.
Besan Ladoo recipe | Besan ke Ladoo
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 35Min. Yield: 12
north indian cuisine, south indian cuisine
Besan ladoos are delicious and aromatic soft balls which are so yummy & crunchy in taste. They are primarily made up of gram flour, sugar, ghee, nuts and cardamom powder. They can be easily found in any Indian household. They add a delicious touch to any celebration!
- ½ cup ghee / clarified butter
- 2 cup besan / gram flour (coarse)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 pods cardamom / elachi
- 2 tbsp melon seeds
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju (chopped)
Besan Ladoo: step by step guide
- To begin, heat 1/2 cup ghee in a big thick bottomed pan and add 2 cup besan.
- Roast over low heat until the besan and ghee are fully mixed. If you want a gritty texture, use coarse besan.
- Roast on a low heat for a little longer. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a tablespoon of ghee.
- The besan begins to yield ghee after 20 minutes.
- Continue to roast the besan until it becomes golden brown and gritty. It might take about 30 minutes.
- Allow it to cool slightly before transferring to a large mixing basin.
- In the meanwhile, dry roast 2 tablespoons melon seeds and 2 tablespoons cashews.
- Roast the nuts on a low heat until they become crispy.
- To the roasted besan ghee mixture, add the roasted nuts.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup sugar and 4 cardamom pods. Jaggery powder or boora( semi-powdered sugar) are two more options.
- Without adding any water, mix to a fine powder.
- Add powdered sugar after the besan has cooled (to a warm temperature).
- Mix well to ensure that everything is fully integrated. If the mixture is hot, don’t add sugar since it will melt and make the mixture watery.
- Prepare a ladoo the size of a golf ball, adjusting the sugar as needed.
- Finally, store besan ladoo in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Calorie count: 220 kcal.
- To begin, be sure to use coarse besan to obtain the grainy ladoo that halwai makes.
- Also, for a crunchy taste, add nuts of your choosing.
- Use handmade ghee for a richer flavor and a longer shelf life.
- Finally, for the besan ladoo recipe, roast the besan over low heat until fragrant and golden brown.
Besan Ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet made from flour, sugar, ghee, and spices. It has many health benefits.
Fequently Asked Questions
Is besan ladoo bad for health?
A: Besan ladoo is made from besan flour, which is a type of whole grain wheat that has been ground into powder. It does not contain sugar or any preservatives and are therefore healthy alternatives to most other desserts.
Is besan ladoo good for weight loss?
A: Yes, besan ladoo is a delicious and healthy dessert. It consists of wheat flour dough wrapped in a puree made from roasted grated coconut, sugar, ghee or butter and cardamom seeds. Besan ladoos are typically deep-fried to make them crunchy but may also be steamed.
How make Sanjeev Kapoor besan ladoo at home?
A: You can make besan ladoo at home by first mixing some white sugar with the chickpea flour. Then you will need to heat up ghee or oil on a stove, and then fry it until it turns dark brown. Once cooked, you must cool down your mixture of fried ingredients in ice-cold water.
- besan ladoo for weight loss
- besan ladoo with milk
- punjabi besan ladoo