This creamy Tuscan chicken recipe is easy to prepare but looks impressive. The butter, garlic and oregano create a rich sauce that’s perfect with white or brown rice.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a delightfully easy recipe that will have everyone wanting seconds. It is a recipe that is simple and quick to make. The dish has a hint of garlic, which gives it a delicious flavor.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe-
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 30Min. Servings: 8
- 3 pounds large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets ( 2 large breasts – 350 grams each)
- 2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 1.5 teaspoon black cracked pepper (adjust to your tastes)
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 10 oz. jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of oil for cooking)
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heavy or thickened cream (or evaporated milk for lower calorie/fat)
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to serve
- Season the chicken with salt, onion powder and pepper all over.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato oil over medium-low heat.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet for approximately 12-14 minutes, skin side down, to crisp up the skin. To ensure that the chicken cooks evenly, move it about from time to time. To the touch, the skin should be hard.
- Cook for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through on the opposite side. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the garlic and onion until the onions become transparent. Toss in the tomatoes and spinach, stirring constantly until the spinach has wilted.
- Bring to a boil with the heavy cream, salt, and pepper to your taste.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and parsley until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Place the chicken back in the pan and ladle the sauce over the top.
- Top with parsley and serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg. Enjoy!
Nutritional Value: 720Cal.
Instead of coating chicken breast fillets in a flour/parmesan mixture, this time around you’re going to season your fillets in paprika and onion powder to add more flavour to a typical salt and pepper deal. You can use smoky or sweet paprika, mild or spicy. It’s completely up to you.
Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes, you will ever impress yourself!
What can you serve this creamy Tuscan chicken with?
- Over pasta that has been mixed through with olive, salt and garlic. Also, a touch of parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Garlic bread: soaking up creamy sauce with a warm piece of bread. It’s heaven.
- Rice. Yes, this is amazing with rice also.
Or keep it light and serve it for lunch or as a delicious appetizer with French bread slices, or on its own!
Can I make it gluten free?
Yes! Use gluten free plain (all purpose) flour blend for coating the chicken and replace the stock with bouillon or gluten free chicken stock.
Can I make ahead?
Yes, make the dish, then cool, cover and refrigerate for up to a day.Reheat, covered in the oven at 160C/320F for 20-25 minutes or on the hob until the chicken is piping hot throughout. You may need a splash or water/stock/cream to loosen as it will be a little thicker. Add the spinach and wilt before serving.
Will it freeze?
Yes, cook the dish then, cool, cover and freeze. Defrost thoroughly in the refrigerator overnight, then take out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking to take the chill off the chicken breasts. Reheat, covered in the oven at 160C/320F for 20-25 minutes or on the hob until the chicken is piping hot throughout. You may need to add a splash of cream.
- tuscan chicken recipe with sun-dried tomatoes
- creamy chicken recipes
- creamy tuscan chicken slimming world
- keto creamy tuscan chicken
- tuscan chicken pasta recipe