Marbled 4th of July Cake made from ‘box’ is a perfect cake for summer celebrations. The white and blue colors combine to make this an easy dessert recipe that will be the talk of your Fourth-of-July party!
For this patriotic dessert, you’ll need a deep pan to make the cake. For those who don’t have one available, use a round cake dish and simply cut the edges off to make a square shape.
Marbled 4th of July Cake Recipe
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 55Min. Servings:16 people
- 3 boxes prepared white cake mix, divided into 3 bowls
- 2 12 tsp blue food coloring (distributed)
- 2 12 tsp red food coloring (distributed)
- 1 pound red hard candy (50 g)
- 1 cup blue hard candy (50 g)
- 3 cups of vanilla icing (345 g)
- 14 cup blue icing (30 g)
- 14 cup red icing (30 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- 3 9-inch round cake pans, greased and lined with parchment paper
- 1 bowl of cake batter should be set aside for the white half of the cake. 2 tablespoons red food coloring, mixed until well combined in another batch of batter 2 tablespoons blue food coloring, mixed until well integrated in the final batch of batter
- Pour around 115g of each batter into each of the three cake pans gently. Alternate colors until all of the batter has been utilized. To combine the colors in each pan, gently whisk them together.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cake comes out clean, according to package directions.
- Place 3 wooden skewers 4 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the red hard candies in a small heat-proof dish in the microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle the red candy in a star pattern over the skewers using a tiny spoon. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the blue hard candies in a small glass dish in the microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle the blue candy in a star pattern over the red candy using a tiny spoon. Allow it cool for 10 minutes before carefully pulling the parchment away.
- Before proceeding, remove all of the cakes from the pans and set aside to cool fully.
- Remove the domed tops from each cake layer with a serrated knife and put aside the extra cake.
- On a cake stand or an inverted dish, dab a dab of icing. On the cake wheel, place a layer of cake, then evenly pour frosting on top. Spread frosting over the next layer of cake and place it on top of the frosted layer. Place the last cake layer on top.
- Spread 1 cup (115 g) of icing evenly on the top and edges of the cake using a spatula.
- 3 inches (7 cm) apart, dab the blue and red icing along the edges of the cake, alternating from top to bottom.
- Smear the red and blue icing onto the sides of the cake using a spatula.
- Arrange the skewers of fireworks on top of the cake.
Nutritional Information: 610cal.
The best part about the 4th of July Cake is the food — especially the desserts. Various type of desserts and snacks add to the fun of celebrating 4th July. Everyone loves to binge and have a good time. With this recipe, it was yumminess added with the spirit of occasion!!
- tasty birthday cake recipe
- 4th of july cake
- tasty vanilla cake recipe
- best funfetti cake mix
- funfetti cake recipe with oil