Struggling to come up with a decadent dessert to impress your guests? You’re in luck! Our double berry parfait recipe is sure to be the show stopper of your next event. Bursting with fresh berries and creamy yogurt, this simple but sophisticated dish is guaranteed to delight everyone at the table!
Welcome to the perfect recipe for berry lovers! This double berry parfait makes a scrumptious dessert that combines tangy cranberries with sweet blueberries. This easy-to-make treat is wonderfully versatile and can be served in any season. Whether you’re looking for a delightful ending to an outdoor summer picnic or winter holiday feast, this delicious double berry parfait will be sure to hit the spot for both kids and adults.
For best results, use fresh berries when available, though frozen berries can also be used. In addition, feel free to experiment with various nut and seed toppings or add a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt for extra fancy flair! Get ready to enjoy an easy, sweet treat with the amazingly delicious double berry parfait recipe!
Double Berry Parfait Recipe
This double berry parfaits recipe yields two individual servings, each with two layers of delicious berries and cream.
Prep. Time: 5Minutes Total Time: 10Min. Serves: 2
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 4 cups of greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1 tablespoon powdered cinnamon (optional)
- dried nuts for garnishing, if desired
- Spoon a layer of yogurt into 2 separate mason jars or small glasses.
- Add a layer of mixed berries, and sprinkle some sugar or honey.
- Now, again make a layer of yogurt and then a layer of berries.
- Repeat the layering once or twice more, depending on the height of the bowl or glass, ending with a layer of nuts on top.
- You can dust cinnamon powder on top too! Serve chilled.
Nutritional Value: 310kcal.
Follow these simple steps to make a delicious double berry parfait:
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of fresh raspberries or blackberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar or honey. Mix until the berries are evenly coated in the sweetener.
- Take a medium-sized glass or cup and layer 1/3 cup of vanilla yogurt, followed by a layer of the sugared berries, and then another layer of yogurt. Repeat this process for each glass or cup that you plan to use in making the parfait.
- Place the glasses in the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes before serving. At this point, feel free to garnish with mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
When it comes to making show-stopping double berry parfaits, there are a few key tricks and tips to know! Here are some of the best advice that will help you make the most of this recipe.
- Chill the bowl and whisk first before beginning when making the homemade whipped cream. This will help ensure that you get thick and creamy whipped cream every time. Additionally, make sure that your cream is cold when it goes into the mixer for whippinig.
- For an added crunchy texture, top each parfait with a layer of crunchy granola or crushed graham crackers. Granola gives an extra nutty flavor while graham crackers lend a light sweetness.
- When layering your ingredients, start with a dollop of whipped cream as your base followed by berries on top. Repeat with whipped cream/berries until all three layers have been completed. You can top with one final generous swirl of whipped cream and berries before serving!
When it comes to double berry parfaits, the variations are endless. You can create your own unique dish by adding your favorite ingredients and toppings. Try using different types of berries, like fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries. Or you can use a combination of all four!
In addition to the berries, you can add yogurt of your choice (regular or Greek-style), granola for a crunchy texture, or oats for a hearty flavor. If you want some extra sweetness and creaminess, try adding honey or even peanut butter as desired.
For an added flavor burst, why not mix in some spices such as cinnamon or cardamom? You could also top your parfaits with chocolate chips for an indulgent treat.
If you want to change up the presentation of your parfaits for a special occasion, layer them in smaller glasses and add some edible flowers on top. This will give them a delicate appearance and appeal to all kinds of guests.
However you choose to make them, the possibilities are endless with double berry parfaits!
Each serving of this Double Berry Parfaits recipe contains 310 calories and 10.3 grams of fat, along with 58.4 grams carbohydrates, 2.25 g sugars protein, and 4.4 g dietary fiber. It also provides 129 percent of the daily recommendation for vitamin A, 20 percent for vitamin C and 5 percent for calcium. Additionally, it provides modest amounts of several B-vitamins including niacin (14%), thiamin (11%), riboflavin(11%) and folic acid (7%).
Finally each serving contains 9% of the recommended daily intake of iron as well as vitamin E, potassium and magnesium. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious recipe guilt-free!
There you have it – a quick, easy, and delicious double berry parfait recipe. With sweet vivid flavors and lightly tart notes, these parfaits offer a unique take on a refreshing dessert or snack. Be sure to share your creation with us on social media and let us know what variations you tried! Enjoy!