Are you craving something sweet, but don’t have the time to wait hours for a classic cinnamon roll? Look no further! Our Quick Cinnamon Rolls recipe is the perfect solution to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time! You’ll be pleased to know that this delicious treat can be made in only 35 minutes, perfect for an unexpected craving!
Cinnamon rolls are an ideal breakfast treat or afternoon snack. Whether you’re looking for a quick cinnamon rolls recipe or a more challenging version with several steps, this guide will help make baking homemade cinnamon rolls easy.
In this article, you’ll learn about what makes up the perfect cinnamon roll, different methods for making them from scratch and the best tips for creating delicious results every time.
Baking is an art and a science that requires precise measurements and following instructions to the letter. To become a successful baker, one should understand the basics of how to measure, how long to bake, and how to alter recipes as needed. One way to brush up on these skills is by making a classic recipe such as cinnamon rolls.
Cinnamon rolls are soft, sweet rolls made from dough that is rolled out flat and brushed with melted butter. Then sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon before being rolled up into individual pieces which are then placed in the pan for baking. To get started on your first batch of cinnamon rolls, assemble the following ingredients: butter, flour, warm milk, yeast, salt, white sugar and cinnamon powder.
Quick Cinnamon Recipe
For those with little time on their hands, our quick and easy cinnamon roll recipe hits the spot. This tried-and-true method produces freshly baked rolls in minutes – no rising or proving required. It’s a great way to bake something special even when pressed for time!
Prep. Time: 15Min. Cooking Time: 20Min. Servings: 18 rolls
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 package instant yeast (1 packet = 2 and ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tablespoons milk
Once you have all your ingredients gathered, you’ll be ready to start making the rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease the 9×13” baking dish and put aside.
- First heat milk until it’s warm but not hot; then dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Combine it with flour and other dry ingredients like salt and sugar in separate bowl(s).
- Add the egg and knead with hand or with stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place it in bowl and cover with cloth or cling film (plastic wrap). Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Once ready punch down air bubbles out of dough by kneading few times ,before rolling flat into thin sheet 1/2″ thick .
- Roll out the dough. Spread softened butter over it, top with combination of brown sugar & cinnamon powder before rolling back up tightly into large log or cylinder shape ; cut into 3-4 cm thick slices; sprinkle more brown sugar & cinnamon on top of each slices if desired.
- Finally place them into the ready baking pan. Cover it with cling wrap and let it rest again for about 10 minutes .
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes and cool for 10 – 15 minutes before serving . Enjoy your homemade treats!
Nutritional Value: 320kcal.
Once the cinnamon rolls have cooled, you can finish them with their delicious topping. Depending on your preference, you can use a cream cheese or classic butter-based frosting. Both methods offer a slightly different sweetness and texture for the topping, so feel free to try out both!
Cream Cheese Topping:
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (if needed to make a thinner consistency)
- 2/3 cup butter (1 1/3 sticks), melted and cooled until warm but not hot
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Up to 2 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream (as needed to achieve the desired consistency)
Serving these delicious rolls is a breeze once they are out of the oven. There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls! If you can, pull apart some of the rolls as soon as they’ve cooled down enough to eat and enjoy their warm, gooey centers.
If you decide to refrigerate your leftover cinnamon rolls, you can easily heat them up in the microwave. Simply wrap your cinnamon roll in a wet paper towel and heat it in 30-second intervals until it’s warm and gooey again. You can also use a conventional oven or toaster oven preheated to 350°F (175°C). Place waxed paper between each roll before baking for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy with some melted butter on top or even drizzled with frosting or glaze for a special treat!
There are a number of creative variations that you can make with this recipe to customize your cinnamon rolls.
Here are a few ideas for you to try out:
- Glazed Cinnamon Rolls: Add a glaze of sugar and milk to the top of your rolls for an extra-sweet treat.
- Cream Cheese Filled Cinnamon Rolls: Create a cream cheese filling by mixing cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together before spreading it over the tops of the cinnamon rolls before baking.
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls: Sprinkle toasted pecans and caramel sauce over the tops of the cinnamon rolls for an extra indulgence.
- Double Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls: Substitute cocoa powder for half of the flour in the dough recipe, mix in some mini chocolate chips, and drizzle melted chocolate over the tops before baking.
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls: Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, maple syrup, spices (like nutmeg and allspice) into the dough before adding your filling layers.
Congratulations! You have just made delicious cinnamon rolls from scratch. To store your rolls, wrap them in aluminum foil and store in a cool, dry place for up to three days.
Although these cinnamon rolls are best enjoyed immediately, you can freeze them for future use. Simply wrap them up to double the thickness with aluminum foil and place in the freezer; they should last up to three months.
Enjoy your gooey delicious cinnamon rolls and don’t forget: practice makes perfect!