A timeless classic that has been passed down through generations, this simple recipe is sure to be a hit at your next picnic.
The lemonade recipe is a refreshing drink that is perfect for summer. This recipe combines lemon juice, water, sugar and ice to create the best tasting lemonade ever.
It’s a perfect drink to have on a hot day. You only need three ingredients to make this classic homemade Recipe.
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cook Time: 5Min. Yield: 6
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups cold water, to dilute
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir so that the sugar dissolves completely and remove from heat.
- While the water is heating for the simple syrup, juice your lemons. Depending on the size of the lemons, 4 to 6 of them should be enough for 1 cup of juice.
- Pour the juice and the simple syrup sugar water into a serving pitcher. Add 2 to 3 cups of cold water and taste. Add more water if you would like it to be more diluted (though note that when you add ice, it will melt and naturally dilute the lemonade).
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve with ice and sliced lemons
If the drink is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
Nutritional Value: 105cal.
How to Store
Store in the fridge for about 5 to 7 days without ice. Since ice will dilute the mixture, it’s best to add it right before serving. If the drink is in an open pitcher, cover it with storage wrap for maximum freshness.
Tips to make a perfect Lemonade
- To make ahead, refrigerate cooled simple syrup for up to 1 month.
- If you have a bunch of lemons you need to process, you can juice them and freeze the juice too.
- For more intense lemon flavor, grate the zest from one fresh lemon and add the zest to the simple syrup as you are making it. Let the zest seep in the simple syrup for several minutes, then strain out the zest when you add the simple syrup to the lemon juice.
- Start by firmly rolling the lemons around on the counter. This will help release the juices and make your job a lot easier. Cut the lemon in half lengthwise, then squeeze out the juice by hand or with a juicer.
- You can mint or other herbs of your choice to add more flavor to the drink.
- I made a delicious strawberry lemonade by adding a pint of crushed strawberries!
The “healthy lemonade recipe” is a refreshing drink that you can enjoy in the hot summer. The ingredients might seem like a lot, but it’s worth it.
What are the 4 steps of making lemonade?
Slice the lemons in half.
Squeeze them into a large measuring cup. A citrus juicer or squeezer makes this process easier. There should be about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice to make 2 quarts of lemonade.
Remove any seeds.
Combine the lemon juice and sugar, stir into the cold water. Serve over ice.
Is real homemade lemonade good for you?
The answer is yes, homemade lemonade is healthier than carbonated lemonade, but only if you cut down on the sugar. Unsweetened one is always the best way forward, allowing you to keep the hydrating properties, vitamin C, and antioxidants but cut down on the drawbacks, primarily caused by excess sugars.
Is it OK to drink lemonade everyday?
It is highly acidic and may worsen certain health conditions, such as GERD and acid reflux. Additionally, it can trigger migraines in people who are prone to this condition. When consumed in excess, it may damage the tooth enamel
How long does homemade lemonade last?
5 to 7 days
Does lemonade dehydrate you?
Yes, drinking it might be dehydrating your body. This might be a shock to many people as drinking water and lemon are both great to hydrate the body. However, it also has sugar in them which reduces the water levels in the body.
- recipe with honey
- lemonade recipe for kids
- different flavor of lemonade