Craving for a flavorful veg. sandwich? Tired of the same old sandwich recipes? Look no further! You deserve something special and this veg. mayonnaise sandwich recipe will surely make your taste buds dance with joy. Enjoy this easy, delicious and healthy snack without any guilt as it packs all the nutrition you need!
In this recipe, we will show how to make a classic vegetarian sandwich with a twist. This sandwich is made with mayonnaise and is sure to be an instant favorite. The vegetables added to the sandwich are full of flavor and crunch, while the fresh ingredients keep it light and delicious. For best results, use the freshest ingredients available.
Veg. Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe
This veg. mayonnaise sandwich pairs perfectly with potato chips or a side salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 5Minutes Cooking Time: 5Minutes Serves: 1
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoon of Veg. Mayonnaise
- Lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt, as desired
Option of vegetables-
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 tbsp sweet corns
- 1 tbsp onion, diced
- 1/2 green chili, chopped
- Before you start assembling your sandwich, toast the two slices of bread until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Once the bread is ready, spread one tablespoon of Veg. Mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- In a bowl, mix together all veggies, mayo and seasonings.
- Layer up the mixture on top of the toasted slice.
- Place the cheese slice on top as your second filling layer and season with salt and pepper to taste before covering with the other slice of bread.
- Cut the sandwich in desired shape. Now it’s time to dig in and enjoy!
Nutritional value: 308cal.
Tips & Tricks
Making a tasty vegetarian mayonnaise sandwich begins with the right ingredients. Use a quality wheat or white bread and be sure to choose an interesting and flavorful spread such as hummus, guacamole or pesto. For sandwich fillings, bring out the flavors of fresh vegetables like juicy tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce, as well as avocado slices and flavorful cheeses. It’s easy to make a delicious veg mayo sandwich in just minutes.
To get started, here are some helpful tips:
- Toast the bread before adding any condiments or fillings- this helps to keep the sandwich together.
- If using extra-thick slices of bread, cut them in half for easier eating.
- Add crunchy vegetables along with flavor enhancers like olives, sun-dried tomatoes or capers for an added zing!
- If using cheese on your sandwich add it at the end so it melts slightly when heated through.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors; try combining different spreads, condiments and cheeses for an interesting combination of flavors!
When making a veggie mayonnaise sandwich, there are a few variations that you can make to switch up the flavors while still using the same base ingredients.
Consider any of these variations to get more out of your sandwich-making experience:
- Mexican-style: Add spicy jalapeño, fresh cilantro, and corn for a Mexican-style kick to your sandwich.
- Mediterranean-style: Feta cheese, roasted red peppers, and sliced olives offer a Mediterranean twist on the traditional veggie mayo sandwich.
- Asian-style: Add crunchy wontons strips and hoisin sauce for an Asian twist on the classic sandwich. Or instead of mayonnaise opt for miso paste and substitute tomatoes for cucumbers for an even more daring flavor profile!
- Bean spread variation: If you prefer something a little heartier than just veggies on toast, try jazzing it up by adding a white bean spread over the slices of bread before piling in the tomato and cucumber mix!
- Guacamole spread variation: If you like things extra creamy but want to avoid mayonnaise altogether, go with easy guacamole spread instead! Blend avocados with sour cream or Greek yogurt until smooth then season with salt and pepper, cumin powder and garlic powder—and enjoy!
- Bread: Use any bread of your choice, like brown, multigrain bread, or white.
- Other Veggies: You can add other vegetables of your choice, like regular or spring onion, sweet corn kernels, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and celery.
- Cheese: If you like it cheesy, add shredded cheese like mozzarella, cheddar, or cheese slice in between, and then toast the veg mayo sandwich if you like.
- Vegan: use vegan mayonnaise and butter.
- Add Protein: You can also add mashed chickpeas, crumbled paneer, or tofu to make it nutritious.
For those looking to stay on top of their dietary needs, it’s important to know the nutrition information for any recipe. There are a few basic nutrients that are essential to human health, and much of the nutrition information available includes these data. In the case of this Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich recipe, all components should be considered, including the bread, mayonnaise and veggies.
- Calories: One sandwich provides approximately 400-500 calories depending on usage levels of mayonnaise.
- Total Fat: Between 10-15g depending on usage levels of mayonnaise.
- Saturated Fat: Nearly all of the fat content in this sandwich is derived from the mayonnaise, which contains approximately 5-7g saturated fat.
- Cholesterol: Only approximately 2g cholesterol is provided by this sandwich – most of which is from the mayonnaise used in this recipe.
- Sodium: Depending on usage levels and types of bread used, you can expect between 500-1000mg Sodium per serving.
- Total Carbohydrates: Approximately 40-50g total carbohdyrates can be expected per sandwich – most from the type f heabd use ans well as vegetable fillings like tomato and cucumber slices.
- Protein: Between 6-10g protein per sandwich depending on type and amount of spread used as well as quantities for vegetable fillings such as lettuce leaves or sprouts.
- Dietary Fiber: Approximately 3-5g dietary fiber can be expected per serving – mainly derived from whole grain or multigrain types o fbread used in this recipe.
Making a veg. mayonnaise sandwich is easy and fun! With this simple and delicious recipe, you can enjoy the combination of light toasted bread, crisp vegetables and creamy mayonnaise – all prepared in just a few short minutes.
Now that you know how to make it, why not grab some bread, veggies, and mayo and give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!