It’s no secret that I’m a fan of roasted pork belly. The dish itself is so delicious, and perfectly pairs with any of my favorite sides. But my absolute favorite thing about pork belly is how easy it is to make. It’s one of the simplest of all the primal cuts to prepare, and the simplicity of the recipe makes it so easy to customize. It’s also a recipe that never fails to impress.
The ketogenic diet is a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet. It’s a way of eating that’s been around for decades but, in recent years, has gained in popularity as more and more people are looking to lose weight and improve their health. But what exactly is it? What are the pros and cons? And, most importantly, how do you do it?
A while back, I tried to make a ketogenic roasted pork belly recipe and was unable to do so. I was really disappointed with myself because I should have been able to do it, but I messed it up. I’ll use my mistakes to make you a better chef so that you don’t mess up when you try this recipe, too. Its a promise it’s easier than it looks.
Also try: Keto Coconut Flour Bread Recipe
Roasted Pork Belly with creamed pointy cabbage
Prep. Time: 15 Minutes cook time: 2hr 30min Yield: 4
This isn’t a pork chop. This isn’t about bacon. Something in the middle. The rustic keto feast is anchored by pork belly. It’s a fantastic option for feeding a crowd since it’s inexpensive, simple, and just different enough to keep things interesting.
- 750 g pork belly
- 11⁄3 tbsp. sea salt
- 2⁄3 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1⁄3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 tsp cloves
- 2⁄3 (75 g) yellow onion
- 2⁄3 apple (optional)
- 600 g pointed cabbage
- 2⁄3 tbsp. butter
- 40 ml heavy whipping cream
- 40 ml (40 g) cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Using a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel, pat the pork dry. The skin must be very dry. Allow the meat to rest uncovered in the fridge overnight if you want it extra crispy.
- Score the skin and fat with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut the flesh.
- Spices should be ground and mixed with salt. Rub the rub mixture all over the pork belly, being sure to get some inside each score.
- Place the meat in a buttered baking dish, skin side down. Depending on thickness, bake for approximately two hours on a lower rack. Before removing the pork from the oven, use a thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature has reached 180°F (80°C).
- Slice the onion and optional apple while the pork is baking.
- Remove the meat from the pan and put it on a clean plate. Place the cut onion and apple in the baking dish’s center. Place the skin side up on top of the meat.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake the dish for another 30 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy. Allow the meat to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Prepare the cabbage while the meat is baking. Remove the core by dividing lengthwise. Roughly slice the onion.
- Cook the cabbage in butter over medium heat until tender but not brown. To taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until the cream has thickened somewhat.
- Serve the creamed cabbage with crispy roasted pig pieces; the baked onion and apple slices are optional (but wonderful) additions.
Nutritional value: 1120 calories
It’s a good day to make a keto roasted pork belly with cabbage recipe. Today, I will show you how to make pork belly. In this recipe, I will show you how to make pork belly with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and onions. You can also cook the pork belly with different vegetables.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto pork belly recipes
- keto pork belly slow cooker
- keto pork belly strips recipes
- keto pork belly strips
- sliced pork belly recipes keto