This is a great no-bean keto chili recipe. It has all of the flavors you love about chili, without the added carbs. It’s a nice medium-spicy with a tangy, sweet flavor from the tomato paste.
Coming off a few weeks of keto and not eating any beans? Chances are, you’re probably feeling a little fuzzy and hungry. Well, I have the perfect solution for you! This keto chili is perfect for those who want to follow a low-carb, high-fat diet and still eat a complete dinner. It’s packed with all the amazing keto flavors and smells and tastes. It’s also very filling so you’ll probably only have to eat half a bowl to feel full.
To make this keto chili, I mixed a few ingredients from the big pantry and made a healthy, hearty meal. I used extra lean ground beef to help keep this chili filling, but I also added a can of mushrooms and kidney beans to bump the protein and fat up a bit. (I know it may sound strange for a chili to have extra beef, but if you’re a vegetarian, just leave them out)
No-bean Keto chili Recipe:-
Prep. time:10Min. Cooking Time: 20Min. Yield: 8
Beans are no longer welcome. This keto no-bean chili, often known as Texas chili, retains all of the traditional chili characteristics while keeping carbohydrates to a minimum. This keto chili recipe can be prepared on the stove, in a slow cooker, or in an instant pot in a matter of minutes. For a substantial all-season low-carb lunch or supper, top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and avocado.
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (110 g) yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 4 tsp. chipotle powder or smoked paprika powder
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1.6 kg ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 (230 g) fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 fresh jalapeños, sliced
- 475 ml beef broth
- salt and ground black pepper
- 350 ml (170 g) shredded cheese
- 350 ml sour cream
- 2 (400 g) avocados, sliced
- 4 fresh jalapeños, sliced
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped, fresh chives
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Fry the onion and garlic until they are tender.
- Stir in the chili powder, chipotle powder (or smoked paprika powder), and cumin for about a minute to extract the flavor.
- Add the ground beef or turkey to the mixture. Cook, crumbling the flesh with a spatula until it is no longer pink, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, jalapeos, and broth in a large mixing bowl. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium-low heat. Cover and cook, stirring periodically, for at least 10 minutes. To taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Top the chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, jalapeos, and chives before serving.
Nutritional value: 780Kcal
It’s been a while since I made a recipe that was keto friendly and didn’t use beans. I’m not a huge fan, I mean, I’ve tried out a bean-free chili in the past, but I don’t think it really turned out that great. It’s not that I hate beans, it’s just that the chili recipes tend to be very bland. Read more about keto chili recipe with zucchini and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs are in homemade chili without beans?
There are no carbs in homemade chili without beans.
What can I substitute for beans in keto chili?
You can substitute for beans in keto chili with any type of meat.
Which beans are lowest in carbs?
Black beans are the lowest in carbs.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chili slow cooker
- low carb chili
- keto chili recipe instant pot
- keto chili
- keto chili instant pot