How about some keto vanilla ice cream? One of my favorite treats is frozen yogurt, so I had to try making keto ice cream. My first attempt at making keto ice cream was a failure, so I decided to go with a different recipe this time. I went with a sugar-free recipe so I can enjoy a treat without feeling guilty.
I want to share a delicious sugar-free vanilla ice cream recipe with you! If you are following the ketogenic diet, you’ll need to make sure you’re getting enough fat and protein in your diet to stay in ketosis. This keto vanilla ice cream uses ground almond and cashew flour as a base, which is chewy and satisfying. It is sweetened with vanilla stevia, which is a plant-based sweetener that does not cause a spike in blood sugar, and has a nice vanilla taste. This recipe makes 2-4 servings for an easy keto treat.
If you are tired of searching for the perfect keto-friendly ice cream, or one that you can enjoy quickly, this recipe is for you. It is 100% sugar-free and it will have you feeling satisfied from the moment you eat. And when you are done you can enjoy a guilt-free treat. Enjoy!
Keto Vanilla Ice cream with no sugar-
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 20Min. Servings: 8
A scoop of creamy, oh-so-delicious ice cream epitomizes summer. With this delicious keto version, you can make your scoop enjoyable, easy, and guilt-free! With berries and cream, expect a chilly touch of vanilla. Mmmmm…
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend (twice as sweet as sugar-Pure)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I like a bourbon based extract for this recipe)
- 1 recipe Sugar-Free Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (can replace 3/4 cup with nut milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- 3 tbsp. powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Bring the almond milk and the cream to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Whisk egg yolks in a large heat proof bowl. Add the sweetener and whisk until blended.
- Gradually whisk the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks. Be sure to add it slowly and whisk vigorously to keep the egg yolks from cooking. Return the mixture to the saucepan. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring frequently, until it reaches a temperature of 165- 170º Fahrenheit. Whisk in the glycerin and vanilla extract.
- Cool mixture completely, stirring occasionally. I like to place the pan in a large mixing bowl of ice to cool the mixture quickly. Alternatively, you can allow it to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour cold mixture into an ice-cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. When ice-cream reaches the desired consistency, transfer to a freezer-safe container with a lid.
- Allow to soften in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Value: 320kcal
-Vanilla powder or vanilla bean may be substituted for vanilla essence. Simply split the bean lengthwise, scrape out the pods, and add to the cream to boil.
-Feel free to be creative and include additional tastes that you like. Cocoa powder, licorice powder, berries, toasted almonds, and coconut flakes are all excellent options.
This low carb vanilla ice cream has magical properties and should not be underestimated! Sure, it looks like regular vanilla ice cream and tastes like regular vanilla ice cream. It even behaves like regular vanilla ice cream.
The ketogenic diet is a weight-loss plan that is becoming more popular each day. It involves following a strict low-carb, high-fat (but low calorie) diet. Essentially, it was created to bring our bodies back to a state of ketosis. Ketosis is the body’s natural state of burning fat for energy. When you eat a diet that is high in fat and low in carbohydrates, your body will go into a state of ketosis and turn its stored fat into energy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you have sugar-free ice cream on keto?
Yes, you can have sugar-free ice cream on keto.
Can you have vanilla ice cream keto?
No, vanilla ice cream is not keto friendly.
Will keto ice cream kick you out of ketosis?
No, it will not.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto vanilla ice cream maker recipe
- sugar free vanilla ice cream recipe
- keto ice cream recipe
- keto vanilla ice cream
- keto vanilla ice cream recipe