Keto Lobster bisque is a soup that has been a special dinner treat in many parts of the world. The lobster’s meat is very rich in protein and minerals and makes for a delicious dish. When served with a puff pastry crust and topped with a dollop of crème fraîche, it is a delectable food.
A ketogenic diet is very low in carbohydrate, and because of that, many think it isn’t the best way to lose weight. However, the ketogenic diet is a great way to lose weight by controlling blood sugar and insulin levels while also losing body fat.
This is a pretty easy soup recipe with breadsticks that I have made many times over the years. It is typically served cold, but if you enjoy it warm, you should have no problem making it in the oven. With a nice thick tasty soup like this, it is a great recipe to make on a chilly day.
Keto Lobster Bisque soup recipe-
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cook Time: 40Min. Servings: 6
This creamy keto lobster bisque is encased in a flavorful broth and bursting at the seams with flavor. Delicious lobster pieces in a beautiful but simple-to-prepare hot delight. When a hungry audience has to be appeased, this is the dish to offer. 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
For the Soup Base
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup good quality dry white wine
- 1 (32 ounce) carton seafood stock (vegetable stock also works)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
For the Garlic Butter Lobster
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 ounces uncooked Lobster claw meat
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot with 2 tablespoons salt.
- Return the water to a boil again after adding the lobster tails and covering with a tight-fitting lid. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook the lobsters for approximately 10 minutes, or until they are brilliant red.
- Take out the tails. Place the lobsters in a dish when they have cooled down and remove the flesh off the tail. Remove the meat from the pan and put it aside.
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion, carrots and celery in the oil until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the tomato paste, stock, Old Bay, white wine and bring the mixture to a simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup using an immersion blender until smooth, stir in the heavy cream. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- In another skillet sauté the lobster meat in the butter, garlic and lemon juice for 3-4 minutes. Add the lobster and garlic butter to the soup. Blend again if desired and serve the delicious soup.
Nutritional Value: 225 calories
Refrigerate leftover soup in an airtight container for up to three days. Warm the soup in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until desired temperature is reached.
This french soup can be thickened with glucomannan powder, xanthan gum, and or guar gum. Traditional lobster bisque soups were also thickened with ground lobster shells.
The sea is a mystery, and the lobster bisque recipe is increasingly a mystery too. The spooky/sexy side of lobster is the bisque recipe, which can be made in different ways but is also the basic part of many French creamy soups.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I eat lobster bisque on keto?
Yes, lobster bisque is keto-friendly.
How many carbs are in homemade lobster bisque?
There are about 3.5 grams of carbs in a serving of lobster bisque.
Is lobster allowed on keto diet?
Lobster is a type of seafood that is allowed on the keto diet.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- lobster bisque recipe
- keto lobster recipes
- keto shrimp bisque
- keto crab bisque
- keto lobster bisque