These yummy Keto Falafel Nuggets are loaded with flavor – just like the real deal! They are a great meat-free vegetarian lunch, dinner or as a snack (straight from the fridge).
Keto is a popular weight loss diet. As the name suggests, it is low on carbohydrates. Ketogenic diets, also known as keto, are very low in carbs. The body then relies on fat for energy. For those who want to start keto diet, we have an easy recipe that is so tasty. We are sharing a recipe for you to try.
As all these tiny little falafel balls pack a high protein punch, with less than four grams of net carbs for the whole batch, they are great for anyone following a plant-based keto diet. Now, if you’re not a big fan of chickpeas, you can always enjoy them baked for this recipe, as well as the regular falafel recipe.
Vegan Keto Falafel-
This is a must-have multipurpose recipe: a low-carb, high-protein, and delicious plant-based alternative to meat! To create keto vegan dinners with Italian, Greek, or Mexican flavors, just change the spices in the falafel. Even better, all of the variations are simple to produce and freeze nicely.
- 1 small Onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley
- 8 ounces Cauliflower
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 1 large Egg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin ground
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric ground
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Smoked Paprika
- Pinch Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Break the cauliflower into florets and place into your food processor, blend into chunky rice texture. Scrape out into a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning out your food processor, add the onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro. Blend until finely chopped.
- Add the cauliflower back in, along with the remaining falafel ingredients. Blend until just combined.
- Gently form the mixture into discs, each about 2 tablespoons of mixture. You can also use a cookie scoop for this.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning the cookie sheet halfway through.
- To make the dipping sauce, add all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Enjoy the falafels hot from the oven, or cool and enjoy cold, with a side of dipping sauce.
The keto falafel is a recipe that combines the delicious flavors of falafel and the benefits of the keto diet. Simple to make, these vegan falafel bites are packed with protein and fat, and are an excellent source of beneficial plant-based fats, which are essential for healthy fats in the body.
Frozen, steam in the bag cauliflower rice can be used for this recipe.
Wet, damp hands can help when shaping the falafel.
You can make the falafels ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
To make this keto vegan, omit the egg.
For an extra crunchy coating, roll the falafel in hemp seed hearts before baking.
An easy keto falafel recipe made without chickpeas is a delicious snack or appetizer. But it’s also a perfect addition to a low carb salad or a paleo wrap for lunch. Traditional falafel is made with chickpeas, but our lower-carb version is made with cauliflower heads and almond flour. You can cook them in a waffle iron for a fun presentation, or bake them to keep it simple. If you like a bit of heat, add a splash of harissa or sriracha to the tahini dressing.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto falafel recipe
- vegan keto falafel
- high protein falafel recipe
- is falafel considered low carb
- keto falafel air fryer