Keto Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs – Recipe. I found this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it because I had some chicken thighs I needed to use up. The recipe looked good and I knew it would be easy, so I went for it.
It’s a simple and delicious dish made with several simple ingredients and a few simple steps. It’s a perfect meal when you’re on a ketogenic diet to help you stay in ketosis, it’s also low in carbohydrates and high in fat, which means it’s perfect for anybody following a low carb diet, or anybody who wants to lose weight.
If you follow a low carb diet, most likely you don’t eat a lot of meat because it’s generally thought that it’s very hard to get enough protein on such a diet. Well, I have good news for you: I have found an amazing way to make meat without eating a lot of it, and it only takes about 10 minutes.
Keto Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs recipe-
Prep. time: 10Min. Cook Time: 15min. Servings: 6
This creamy keto chicken with butter-fried mushrooms, garlic, parmesan, and spices is incredibly delicious. Serve with a simple green salad or your favorite side dish.
For The Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 6-8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces (250 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary (adjust to your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream / thickened cream (evaporated milk or half and half)*
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning & set aside for some time.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in center (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Add remaining oil if needed for second batch. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue cooking until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it to melt through the sauce for a further 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritional value: 326 calories
-We used boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets in this dish, which are somewhat fattier and more flavorful than chicken breast. Of course, bone-in thighs with or without skin, chicken breast, turkey, pork fillet, or pork chops may also be used. Cooking time should be adjusted appropriately. If using skinned chicken thighs, fry until the exterior is crispy and the interior is done.
-You can use fresh herbs if you have them! 2 teaspoons each of fresh herbs is fine. If you don’t like Thyme or Rosemary, substitute with Basil and Oregano, or use Tarragon.
-Heavy or thickened cream is used for low carb/high fat purposes. If counting calories and/or fat macros instead, use evaporated milk, reduced fat cream or half and half.
-For a dairy free option, I find Cashew milk the best in flavor. You can also use almond milk or rice milk. Thicken with a cornstarch slurry (2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water, mix to blend well and add to the sauce, stirring quickly, until thickened)
Crispy boneless chicken thighs in a thick and creamy mushroom sauce with garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese is the weeknight dinner everyone raves about! Served over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes OR low carb Keto options like mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles, this would have to be one of the best ways to enjoy boneless chicken thighs!
These keto garlic mushroom chicken thighs are so good, you will want to make them again and again and again. The garlic and mushrooms provide a savory, salty, umami-rich flavor that really complements the chicken thighs. This is definitely a recipe you will want to prepare and keep on hand, especially when you need something quick and easy for dinner.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken thighs
- chicken thighs and mushrooms
- chicken thighs with mushrooms and white wine
- keto chicken thighs boneless
- keto boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes