This dairy-free pie recipe is vegan, keto, gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free. It is a delicious and easy to make keto vegetable pie recipe that has no more than five ingredients.
There is a difference between a vegetable and another vegetable, and if you’re using them interchangeably, you’re one of the few. Vegetables are plant matter, and as such, they all have certain nutritional benefits. However, if you make a habit of eating all or just about all of them, your digestive system will become a lot more efficient and your body will be a lot better off.
What can you make without cheese? Well, we’ve got the perfect answer to that question for you today, and it’s a Keto Vegetable Pies recipe that uses no dairy at all! This vegetable pie is great for either breakfast or lunch, and is made with a handful of healthy ingredients, so you’re sure to be pleased with the results.
Dairy-Free and Keto Vegetable Pie Recipe:
Prep. Time:30Min. Cooking Time:40Min. Servings: 8
Keto. Dairy-free. Vegetarian. Tasty. This pie has everything. It’s also lovely, like a flower bouquet. Make it tonight and use it as a centerpiece – no flowers necessary!
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 5 oz. melted coconut oil
- 150 grams melted butter
- 1 tbsp. ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 900 grams ( 4oz.) zucchini
- 23 grams (2 oz.) carrots
- 8 eggs
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 5½ cups lettuce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, grind the sunflower and sesame seeds into coarse flour. Mix in the remaining ingredients until they are equally distributed throughout the dough. Make a nice dough. Remove the dough from the refrigerator, shape it into a ball, and flatten it.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes after wrapping in plastic wrap. You may prepare the dough ahead of time and store it in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). As many servings as you want from the dough, divide it equally.
- Each piece should be rolled out between two baking sheets or pressed straight into serving-sized baking pans that are approximately 5-6″ (12-15 cm) wide using greased fingertips. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the crust for 8–10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Prepare the filler next. Combine the eggs, mayonnaise, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Carrots should be peeled and finely sliced lengthwise. Rinse (but do not peel) the zucchini and slice thinly lengthwise.
- Roll the vegetable slices into flower-like forms and place them in the pie shells that have already been cooked. Pour the egg mixture over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until firm and golden brown, at 350°F (175°C).
- To make a vinaigrette, whisk together the oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Serve with the pie and drizzled over the salad.
Nutritional Value: 890 calories
Do you want a large, gorgeous pie? Simply extend the cooking time in the oven. Because of the extended baking time, you may need to shield the pie’s edges by folding a piece of aluminum foil over them to reflect some of the heat.
This dairy free and keto vegetable pie is rich in nutrients and fibers which help in having a healthy gut.
If you can handle dairy, replace the mayonnaise with full-fat crème fraiche or sour cream. Alternatively, use half mayo and half crème fraiche.
For anyone who finds it difficult to limit their fat intake, dairy-free, low-carb and keto-friendly pie is the perfect solution to help maintain a healthy balanced diet. Read more about keto no dairy chicken recipes and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- dairy-free keto salmon recipes
- low carb vegetarian diabetic recipes
- dairy-free keto recipes
- gluten free dairy free low carb recipes
- keto no dairy chicken recipes