If you love the sweet and spicy taste of cinnamon, then this delicious cinnamon quinoa bowl is for you! This quick and easy recipe is a great way to enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal any day of the week.
From how to cook the quinoa, to some of our favorite spices to add in for extra flavor, we’ve got all your yummy cinnamon quinoa bowl needs covered. Let’s get cooking!
Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
Cinnamon quinoa bowl is a delicious and nutritious bowl packed with plant-based protein, whole grains, and a unique blend of spices. With only six main ingredients, this meal can be prepared quickly and is the perfect way to fuel your day.
This dish combines the powerful antioxidant spice cinnamon with cooked quinoa, making it a powerhouse of nutrition. Quinoa is a complete protein source that provides all nine essential amino acids and is an excellent source of plant-based iron. The hearty quinoa provides a base for flavorful roasted vegetables, crunchy nuts and seeds, sweet fruit, and creamy avocado. Together they form a complete feast ready to nourish both the body and mind.
In addition to providing protein, this recipe offers an array of vitamins and minerals such as:
- Vitamin A from the squash;
- Vitamin C from the bell peppers;
- Magnesium from the squash;
- Calcium from the tahini;
- Fiber from all components;
- Omega 3 fatty acids from tahini;
- Iron from quinoa;
- Vitamin B6 from squash, just to name few!
As if that wasn’t enough, cinnamon also helps improve digestion naturally aiding in nutrient absorption as well as helping regulate blood sugar levels. All this nutrition adds up to satisfy hunger while leaving you feeling lighter after eating—a true win-win situation!
Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
Preparing a delicious and nutritious cinnamon quinoa bowl is an easy and satisfying way to breakfast.
Prep. Time: 5min. Cooking Time: 15min. Serves: 1
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ⅔ cup diced apple, divided
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon honey/ maple syrup
- toasted sliced almonds
- toasted coconut flakes
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Place it in a small saucepan and add the almond milk, cinnamon powder, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a high simmer, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. (Tip: don’t walk away, if it starts bubbling, turn the heat off, give it one stir mid-cook if you need to, and resume).
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and let the quinoa sit for 5 more minutes or until the almond milk is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked. Taste and add additional spices to your liking.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl and top with toasted almonds, toasted coconut, and fruit. Serve with maple syrup if you like. Enjoy as a fluffy pilaf, or as more a porridge with warm almond milk poured on top.
Nutritional Value: 225kcal.
You can enjoy your Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl as is, plain or topped with your favorite toppings such as fresh berries, nuts and seeds, yogurt or honey. Enjoy
Benefits of Eating Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
Cinnamon quinoa bowls are a delicious, easy way to get the benefits of quinoa while enjoying the natural sweetness of cinnamon. Quinoa is an ancient grain that is now widely available in the supermarket, and it contains several essential micronutrients including B vitamins, magnesium, and dietary fiber. Cinnamon adds flavor and can also provide some health benefits of its own. Together, these two ingredients create a nutritious meal that’s perfect for any day of the week.
Eating cinnamon quinoa can provide many potential health benefits, making it a healthier alternative to other grains. Quinoa is high in protein and contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. It’s also rich in dietary fiber and complex carbohydrates which help with digestion and provide sustained energy throughout the day. The antioxidants found in quinoa can help reduce inflammation in the body and may even protect against chronic diseases like heart disease or cancer.
Cinnamon has potential health benefits of its own as well, ranging from regulating blood sugar levels to reducing bad cholesterol levels. It may also help improve cognitive function by reducing inflammation in brain cells and improving metabolic functioning within cells. Additionally, adding cinnamon to meals or snacks may reduce cravings for sweet or sugary foods by providing natural sweetness with few calories.
By combining these two ingredients into one meal you get a combination of nutrition without sacrificing great flavor! Cinnamon quinoa bowls are simple to make but offer both savory sweetness plus numerous health benefits along with them!
Variations of Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
The combination of cinnamon and quinoa is a winning one, creating an incredibly healthy and delicious dish. Even with the basic recipe, you can create variations that appeal to different tastes.
Here are a few ideas to make your own variations of cinnamon quinoa bowl:
- Add fruits like bananas, mangoes, apples or pears with honey and nuts to create a sweeter dish.
- Include sweet potatoes or carrots with proteins like tempeh or tofu for a heathier bowl.
- Top it off with pumpkin seeds and yogurt for an extra crunchy texture.
- Add various greens including celery, spinach and kale for an extra nutrition boost.
- For a unique flavor twist try adding coconut flakes and dates for subtle sweetness.
- Experiment with different spices such as cardamom or ginger to add more flavor and aroma.
Nutrition Facts of Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
Cinnamon quinoa bowls are a nutritious and flavorful meal that can easily be made with readily accessible ingredients. This dish combines the protein-rich quinoa with raisins, cinnamon, and honey for a sweet and flavorful mix. Knowing the nutritional value of each ingredient can help you make informed meal choices.
Quinoa is considered to be one of the best sources of plant-based protein, as it contains all nine essential amino acids required for muscle health and repair. It is also rich in dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6 and folate.
Raisins provide carbohydrates for an energy boost as well antioxidants like polyphenols to help reduce inflammation in the body. They also contain iron, potassium and calcium – important minerals that contribute to our overall health.
Honey is used as a hamonizing agent in this dish – adding sweet flavor without overpowering or masking the nutty-goodness of the quinoa! Honey contributes vitamins B2 and B6 to this dish; it also offers trace amounts elements like copper, zinc, potassium and phosphorus which are great nourishment for our bodies!
Cinnamon rounds out this delicious bowl with an earthy flavor – AND it provides beneficial antioxidants which helps protect cells from free radical damage caused by pollutants in the air or even everyday stress factors. In addition to its antioxidant properties cinnamon offers anti-inflammatory effect on the body due to polyphenol compounds found in its essential oils! It can even help lower your cholesterol levels!
Tips for Making the Perfect Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
Cinnamon quinoa bowls can make a wholesome and delicious breakfast or lunch. With just a few simple ingredients, they are packed with nutrition and flavor that will keep you satisfied throughout the day. Follow these tips to create the perfect cinnamon quinoa bowl that suits your taste buds.
- Choose your base: Quinoa is a great base for this meal as it is high in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. You may also choose oats or any other grain for the base of your bowl.
- Flavor it up: To give your dish a stronger flavor, add spices like cinnamon, cumin powder, turmeric powder or garam masala to the quinoa as it’s cooking.
- Pick some toppings: Fresh fruits like mangoes, bananas, kiwis and berries go well with this dish given the sweetness of such preparations. You can also add some nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts or sunflower seedsto make it crunchier yet healthy.
- Garnish with healthiness: For garnishing you may choose fresh herbs like cilantro for color and pomegranate arils which adds an extra crunchy texture along with nutritional value to your meal.
- Drizzle something healthy on top: Drizzle some honey or use nut butters combined with coconut milk if you would like more creaminess to your bowl. Alternatively dairy products such as plain yogurt work great too!
Substitutes for Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
If you prefer to limit your gluten intake, then quinoa is the perfect substitute for traditional grains. It serves as a flavorful and versatile base for salads, soups and main dishes. The cinnamon quinoa bowl is one of the most popular variations of this nutritious super-grain.
To make a classic cinnamon quinoa bowl, you only need four ingredients – quinoa, ground cinnamon, sea salt, and coconut oil. However, there are plenty of variations to make it your own. For dairy free option, go for almond or soy milk. You can also spruce things up with diced apples or dried cranberries instead of (or in addition to) the cinnamon. Various spices such as allspice or cardamom can add additional flavor when mixed with the cinnamon. Or use bananas or pears instead of apples if desired.
For additional protein rich garnishes consider adding diced nuts such as walnuts or almonds or opt for protein-rich root vegetables like parsnips or sweet potatoes – both are delicious! And don’t forget about nut butters – peanut butter and almond butter are two popular choices that go great with quinoa bowls! Finally don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of grains such as farro, barley or millet instead of quinoa – all have their own unique flavors and nutritional benefits so why not try them out?
The cinnamon quinoa bowl is an excellent and simple meal that is both nutritious and delicious. For vegetarians, vegans, or those looking to add more plant-based proteins to their diet, this is a great way to do it in an appetizing way. The bright colors of the vegetables combined with the earthy quinoa make for a pleasing presentation as well as satisfying food that can be tailored to meet individual preferences and dietary restrictions.
The nuttiness of the quinoa and sweetness of the cinnamon makes for a flavorful bite that will leave you wanting more. Enjoy!