Strawberry lemonade is a refreshing summer drink that’s perfect for any occasion. This recipe calls for strawberry puree to make the juice base, sour cream and sugar to balance the tartness in the lemonade mixture, and fresh strawberries on top!
This is a refreshing summer drink that tastes like the strawberry lemonade you ate out of plastic cups at your last family reunion.
Strawberry Lemonade is a drink that is typically made with lemonade, sugar, and strawberries. However, it can be made with any type of fruit juice. This strawberry lemonade cocktail recipe is the perfect summertime drink.
Nothing beats a glass of fresh Strawberry Lemonade. This is the drink for you if you’re looking for something cool and refreshing. When fresh strawberries are added to Classic Lemonade, it becomes sweet and tart.
This is my favorite restaurant drink, and I really like the fresh strawberry chunks in the straw. It’s really rather simple to produce at home for a much lower cost.
It’s possible that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. Please review my disclosure policy.
Recipe for Strawberry Lemonade
Strawberry Lemonade is a terrific drink for a celebration. Start with fresh-squeezed lemonade if you have a lot of lemons and want to create lemonade from scratch. There’s no shame in taking a can of store-bought lemonade from the freezer for a bigger audience.
- Frozen Concentrate* or homemade lemonade (1 recipe produces 10 cups)
- Strawberries — puree until smooth to provide a hint of strawberry flavor and a pink hue.
- Basil — a tiny handful of basil is optional, but it adds a lot of flavor.
- Lemon Slices — if wanted, garnish each glass with one slice of lemon.
- Ice should be added as required and immediately before serving to avoid diluting the lemonade.
*If using frozen lemonade, use a 12 ounce can of frozen Lemonade Concentrate and follow the package directions for preparation. 1 can of concentrate is usually blended with 4 1/3 cans of water.
- Make lemonade by making handmade or from concentrate lemonade and pouring it into a pitcher.
- Strawberries – in a good blender or food processor, mix 3/4 of your strawberries with a tiny handful of basil and pulse until smooth.
- Combine the strawberry basil combination and whisk it into the lemonade.
- Pour lemonade over ice in cups and top with remaining strawberries and lemon slices to serve.
Keep the lemonade pitcher refrigerated until ready to serve, then pour over ice in glasses immediately before serving for ice-cold lemonade. If your lemonade is chilly to begin with, the ice will not melt as rapidly.
You’re thirsty and want to drink that strawberry lemonade, but the straw has a strawberry stuck in it. If you’re going to drink from a drink dispenser or via a straw, be sure you:
- Strawberries should be blended well so they don’t get caught in your straw or block the spout of a drink dispenser.
- Strain if desired – strain the strawberry puree before adding it to the lemonade if you want a really smooth, pulp-free lemonade. We don’t filter the pulp because we like it.
- To avoid diluting your lemonade, put ice in the cups (not the pitcher).
Is it possible to use frozen strawberries?
Yes! In the winter, frozen strawberries may be used for fresh strawberries to make strawberry lemonade. Frozen strawberries in sugar will also work, but bear in mind that the syrup is highly sweet, so your final lemonade may need additional water.
You may also create Raspberry Lemonade, a sparkling Cherry Lemonade, or even Blackberry Limeade by combining other fruit.
More Refreshing Cocktails
These thirst-quenching Summer cocktails are a must-try. We’re especially fond of the effervescent bubbly beverages, which are usually a hit with the audience!
Recipe for Strawberry Lemonade (Restaurant Style)
Prep. time: 15-minutes Making Time: 2 minutes Yield: 10
Strawberry Lemonade prepared from scratch can quench your need for something cool and pleasant. It’s wonderful to add strawberries and basil to basic lemonade.
- 10 cups lemonade (or a 12 oz frozen lemonade can)
- 1/2 pound cleaned and hulled strawberries
- 1 lemon, thinly cut as a garnish
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh basil (a small handful, lightly packed)
- As required for serving, ice
- Fill a pitcher halfway with lemonade. If desired, set aside 4 strawberries to slice for garnish. The remaining strawberries should be cut in half.
- Blend the halved strawberries and basil leaves until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Serve the lemonade over ice in glasses with the strawberry mixture, leftover cut strawberries, and lemon slices.
*If using one (12 oz) frozen Lemonade can, follow the packaging directions on the can: 1 concentration can combined with 4 1/3 cans of water
Nutritional Information: 130 calories
The “strawberry basil lemonade vodka recipe” is a strawberry lemonade that can be made at home. The drink is best served in restaurant style, which means it’s cold and has ice.
- strawberry lemonade recipe
- wendy’s strawberry lemonade recipe
- longhorn strawberry lemonade recipe
- how to make strawberry lemonade without a blender
- how to make strawberry lemonade with country time