Rice soup is a well known in Japan, where it’s often served at weddings. It’s easy and nutrient rich dish which one can enjoy without any guilt.
As the weather is moving towards winters, one thing often comes to mind and that is a hot bowl of soup and cup of hot chocolate.
This is a classic recipe for authentic sizzling rice soup. The ingredients are simple, and it’s easy to make. This is the best rice soup you’ll ever taste!
The crispy rice soup has been made with chicken stock and seasoned with oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
Rice Soup Recipe
An easy to make, classic recipe which will warm your soul too!
Prep. Time 20Min. Cooking Time 40Min. Yield 5
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- kosher salt
- 28gms. dried shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 115gms. boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons oyster sauce/ soy sauce
- 225gms. small shrimp, chopped into ¼-inch pieces ( optional)
- 2 teaspoons oil + more for frying
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the rice over the parchment paper, and season with pinch of salt.
- Bake the rice for 25 minutes, until thawed and dry.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the shiitake mushrooms, and cover with a lid. Soak for at least 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are soaking, prep the other ingredients.
- Thinly slice the chicken into ¼-inch slices. Then, combine the chicken with 2 teaspoons of water, the oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large pot. Add the chicken, and gently stir the chicken in the water, cooking it for about 40-45minutes or until opaque. Remove from the water, and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling water, stir, and cook for 30 seconds, until opaque. Remove, and set aside. Discard the water, and wipe out the pot.
- Take the mushrooms out of the water.
- Set the pot over medium heat. Add the oil, then add the carrots and shiitake mushrooms, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the garlic, and stir, sautéing for 1 more minute. Then, add the bok choy and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch and stir the mix for few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock. Allow the soup to come to a simmer.
- Add the cooked chicken and shrimp.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, and add ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and the sesame oil, and stir. Taste, and add any additional seasoning, if needed.
- Add oil to a medium-sized cooking pot and fry the dry toasted rice in the hot oil until crispy.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls.
Put the crispy rice in the soup immediately, straight from oil, and watch it sizzle.
Nutritional Value: 310 cal.
What is sizzling rice soup made of?
Sizzling rice soup is made with chicken, onion, carrots and fresh shrimps. It is served by pouring hot broth over the ingredients which are then cooked together until they form a creamy texture.
How many carbs are in sizzling rice soup?
About 191 calories
Is rice soup healthy?
having rice soup for dinner can soothe the stomach and nerves, and helps you have a restful sleep at night. It helps in regulation of hormones, uplifts your mood and improves exercise performance
What kind of rice is best for soup?
Long grain white rice: Be sure to use long grain white rice like jasmine rice or basmati rice, vs a short grain rice like arborio rice or sushi rice. You CAN use brown rice, but you’ll need to simmer it for much longer, and use more broth.
How can you thicken soup?
Add flour or corn starch.
You can thicken soup by adding flour or corn starch. For the best results, never add the flour or corn starch directly to your soup. If you do, it will clump up on top. Instead, ladle a small amount of broth into a separate bowl and let it cool.
What are the benefits of rice soup?
Aids Digestive Processes. Experts recommend drinking rice water to soothe digestive ailments such as food poisoning, diarrhoea and even indigestion.
Boost Energy And Mood.
Helps Stay Hydrated.
Good for Hair Growth.
Maintain Healthy And Supple Skin.
- sizzling rice soup tomato base recipe
- sizzling rice soup origin
- sizzling rice recipe
- sizzling rice soup vegetarian
- what is sizzling rice