When you’re craving a spiced up dish that’s easy to make, this Indian recipe is the perfect choice. Paneer tikka does not require deep-frying and uses very few ingredients. The best part of it all? It can be made in under an hour, making it a great option for busy nights or weeksnight dinners.
The “paneer tikka oven ” is a recipe for cooking paneer tikka in the oven. It includes the temperature, time, and other ingredients.
| Punjabi paneer tikka in oven |
A celebration would be incomplete without paneer tikka. We demonstrate how to bake paneer tikka. Here’s how to amaze your guests by cooking an all-time favorite party starter at home — and doing it fast and effortlessly with the help of an oven.
One of the most popular appetizers in Indian restaurants is this Punjabi dish. Cottage cheese is marinated in a blend of traditional Indian spices, strung onto skewer sticks, and grilled in a wood-fired tandoor, but we’ve got a Punjabi paneer tikka in the oven that doesn’t need a tandoor and is simple to prepare.
Check out this recipe to see how simple it is to prepare excellent paneer tikka in the oven at home whenever you want. With pudina chutney, the Paneer Tikka is delicious.
Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe
Prep. Time: 2Hrs 10Min Cooking Time: 20Min Yield: 6
- 400 to 500 grams Paneer or Indian cottage cheese
- 1 cup diced onions or 1 medium sized onion
- 1 diced capsicum or 1 small to medium bell pepper – green, yellow or red
For Paneer Tikka Marination-
- 400 grams Hung Curd or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste or 1 tablespoon crushed ginger-garlic
- 4 teaspoons Kashmiri red chili powder or 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (ground turmeric)
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder (ground cumin)
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (ground coriander)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- 2 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder – optional (ground black pepper)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil or any neutral tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon black salt – optional
- salt as required
- some mustard oil for brushing
- Chop the paneer in square shaped cubes.
- Dice the onions and capsicum in 1 or 1.5 inches square pieces.
- In a large bowl, take the hung curd (greek yogurt) and whisk it lightly till it becomes smooth
- Add ginger-garlic paste, all the spice powders, carom seeds, black salt, regular salt, lemon juice and mustard oil.
- Mix very well. Check the taste and add more seasonings if required.
- Add the veggies and paneer to the marinade. Slowly and gently mix them with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- After 2 hours thread the paneer and veggies alternately on bamboo skewers. Soak or rinse the bamboo skewers before threading.
Grilling Paneer Tikka-
- Preheat the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 230 or 240 degree Celsius or 464 degrees Fahrenheit. Use only the top heating element.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Arrange the paneer skewers on the tray. Brush some oil on the veggies and paneer cubes all over.
- Place the tray on the top rack. Grill the paneer tikka first for 7 to 10 minutes at 230 or 240 degree Celsius or or 464 degrees Fahrenheit. Then remove and turn the skewers.
- Place back on the top rack in the oven and continue to grill for 3 to 5 minutes more till the edges of the paneer are golden or slightly charred. Do not grill for a long time as then paneer cubes becomes hard.
- Since temperatures vary from oven to oven do keep a check. You can reduce or increase the time as required. Total grilling time will be 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then place the paneer cubes on a serving plate. Sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Serve paneer tikka with mint chutney and onion rings with lemon wedges
Nutritional Value- 320Kcal.
- Barbecue: You can even use the barbecue grill for making the paneer tikka.
- Grilling in the oven: In the oven grill for 15 to 20 minutes at 230 or 240 degree Celsius with only the top heating element on.
- Marination Time: I always suggest to to marinate the paneer cubes for 2 hours or more. You can also keep the marinated paneer overnight in the fridge. More marination, the better the flavors get infused in the paneer and veggies.
- Vegetables: Add a mix of veggies like bell pepper, onions, tomatoes, baby corn, mushrooms, cauliflower, tomatoes, broccoli etc. For cauliflower blanch them before marinating.
- Adding Oil: While grilling the paneer cubes and veggies can become dry. Hence oil is added to the marination mixture. The paneer cubes and veggies are also brushed with some oil to avoid them from becoming dry.
- Overcooking: Don’t overcook the paneer as they then become rubbery, dry and hard. The paneer should be soft, well cooked and yet succulent.
- Marinade: The extra marinade can be applied or brushed on the paneer tikka before grilling them. If you are making paneer tikka masala gravy, you can use the extra marinade in the gravy.
- Vegan Options: Use tofu, seitan or tempeh in place of paneer. Use a vegan yogurt like almond or cashew yogurt in place of dairy yogurt.
Paneer tikka is a simple and fast dish to prepare. We marinated the paneer in a marinade before making paneer tikka in the oven. Put the curd in a basin to prepare the marinade. Add the ginger and garlic paste after that. The addition of ginger and garlic paste would enhance the taste and make it much more delectable. After that, add the kasuri methi, which should be crushed between your hands to extract the most flavor. Add the fragrant and fresh garam masala. In the oven, add chaat masala to give paneer tikka a chunky flavor. Add the besan, which will assist to bind all of the ingredients together and keep it from becoming runny.
Finally, add the primary ingredient, mustard oil and salt, which improves and gives the dish its original flavor. Our marinade is now ready to use. Add the paneer to the marinade after it’s finished cooking. Leave for 15 minutes after gently mixing and coating the paneer; you may marinate for longer if desired. Additionally, when the paneer has been marinated, lay it on a prepared oven sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 200°C. Remove paneer tikka from oven and place on a platter. If desired, sprinkle with chaat masala and lemon juice.
Punjabi Paneer Tikka may be served alone in the oven or with a dish of tandoori appetizers, laccha onions, green chutney, and lemon wedges. It may also be used to create delicious munchies like Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwiches and Paneer Tikka Wraps.
Make it into a major entrée, like Paneer Tikka Masala, which goes well with naans and rotis. Use it to create pulaos, sizzlers, and kathi rolls, among other meals. There is so many other Indian Recipes like Indian papdi chaat, ladoo which are so yummy!
The “paneer tikka in air fryer” is a recipe that can be found on the internet. It includes step by step instructions on how to make the dish. The dish is made with paneer, which is an Indian cheese.
What is Paneer Tikka called in English
Paneer tikka is a North Indian appetizer where chunks of paneer are marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled in a Tandoor, a traditional clay oven. The term paneer refers to Indian cottage cheese and tikka translates to chunks of grilled meat, or a vegetarian option, in this case it is the paneer
Is Paneer Tikka a junk food?
It is one great alternative to junk food. It has ample protein, as it’s prepared in tandoor without the need to fry or using excessive oil.
Is paneer tikka roll good for weight loss?
Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes.
- paneer tikka in microwave
- paneer tikka without skewers
- paneer tikka marination