All week long, I’ve been using this Low-Carb Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin recipe from Cooking Light as my dinner. As an avid reader of the magazine, I was excited to try the recipe … and I was not disappointed.
The low-carb craze has taken over the diet industry recently. It’s no surprise that the general public is also following suit. Due to the high fat content of these foods, which is generally high in saturated fats and low in carbohydrates, some people have begun to fear that low-carb “diets” are actually very bad for health. While they are very high in fat, they are not high in saturated fat. In fact, the fat is a very healthy type of saturated, called monounsaturated, and also very high in healthy unsaturated fats. Due to the sugar-free nature of low-carb diets, they are also very low in carbohydrates, which can be a good thing if you are trying to lose weight,
Word has it that this recipe has been in the family for 14 years. My mother, Audrey, is the first to tell me that the meat was cooked in bacon grease and wrapped in bacon, and to this day I still have no idea how she came up with the recipe. I suppose it’s because she cooks so well, and can always come up with something new.
Bacon-wrapped tenderloin with roasted garlic mash on a low-carb diet
Prep. Time: 15Min. Cooking Time: 45Min. Yield: 6
If you’re entertaining guests, this is a wonderful dish to try. This low-carb pork dish is flavored with bacon, herbs, and cream cheese. It’ll undoubtedly be the evening’s highlight when served with roasted garlic mash.
Roasted garlic cauliflower mash
- 1½ whole garlics
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 650 g cauliflower
- 85 g butter
- salt and pepper
Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin
- 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese
- 45 g (95 ml) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1½ garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 kg pork tenderloin
- 300 g bacon
- 1½ tbsp. butter
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- 270 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Break the garlic cloves apart, but leave the skin on each one.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garlic and season with sea salt in an oven-safe baking dish. For approximately 20 minutes, or until golden and tender, roast the garlic. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Make the mash while the garlic is roasting. Cut the cauliflower into tiny florets after trimming it. Even the stem may be used.
- Cook the cauliflower in gently salted water until it is cooked but not completely soft. The boiling water should be drained and discarded. To get rid of as much water as possible, press the cauliflower.
- Peel the garlic and combine it with the cooked cauliflower and butter in a food processor. You may also use an immersion blender to combine the ingredients. Taste to determine if more spice is required. While the remainder of the dinner is being prepared, keep it warm.
Nutritional Value: 937 kcal
It’s made with only a few ingredients plus a simple seasoning blend for lots of delicious flavor without a lot of fuss. The best pork tenderloin recipe that pairs perfectly with roasted potatoes and a veggie! It’s paleo, gluten free, keto, low carb.
This is a simple recipe for a low-carb bacon-wrapped tenderloin. It’s special because you can make it in advance and reheat it in the oven. Read more about grilled bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- bacon wrapped pork loin in oven
- bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with brown sugar and soy sauce
- sauce for bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin
- bacon wrapped pork tenderloin
- simple bacon wrapped pork tenderloin recipe