Check out this recipe for the best low carb keto turkey meatballs in the world. It’s a simple recipe, and you can make them with just 5 ingredients. But if you know keto, you know that anything less than a full grocery store is not keto-approved.
While the holidays are often a time for indulging — whether it’s in the form of gifts or food — you can still stay on track with this keto holiday turkey meatballs recipe. This low-carb dish is made with simple ingredients that are perfect for a holiday feast, like ground turkey, mozzarella cheese, and almond flour.
If you want to do low carb during the holiday season but you don’t want to sacrifice flavor or tradition, you have found the perfect recipe for you! We started with a traditional Italian turkey meatballs and then turned it into a keto friendly holiday treat.
Yummy Keto turkey meatballs for the holidays-
Preparation time: 10min. Cooking Time: 30min. Servings: 30
These succulent meatballs with a touch of allspice and cinnamon are both inexpensive and easy to prepare. For a full and nutritious keto dinner, serve them with one of our low-carb sides and a decadent dipping sauce.
- 1 lb. ground turkey (I used 85%)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Rao Marinara Sauce (optional)
- Add the ground turkey to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Gently break the meat a part a little with a large spoon.
- Beat the egg and mix with the tomato paste and spices. Pour over the turkey mixture.
- Using your hands mix the ingredients all together gently taking care to not to compact the meat too much. This would make it tough and chewy.
- Have a bowl of water nearby and wet your hands as you are rolling the meatballs. I like to use a cookie scoop to keep them all the same size and it partially forms the meatballs for you.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides.
- If using the sauce, pour it over the meatballs and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes until they are cooked through.
Nutritional Value: 45 calorie per meatball
-Have a bowl of water near you when forming the balls. Keeping your hands wet will keep the meatballs from sticking to your hands.
-Be as gentle as you can when mixing the ground meat mixture. If the meat is too tightly packed it will be tougher.
-Don’t over-mix the turkey. You want to just get all of the ingredients incorporated into the turkey and then stop.
These all purpose turkey meatballs are perfect for a light weeknight dinner, an amazing snack, or even us for your weekly meal prep recipe.
These Keto Turkey Meatballs are so easy to whip up and are perfect for weekly meal prep or a quick dinner. Not to mention, these are perfect for social gatherings, tailgating and Sunday Night Football!
This blog post is a recipe for keto meatballs. You will get a one-pot meal with these easy, flavorful and healthy keto turkey meatballs. The meatballs are great for a Sunday dinner as well as a quick weeknight meal. There is no measuring, no fussing and no special ingredients. The recipe is also low carb, Keto and gluten free. You can easily make these keto meatballs in your crock pot. This recipe makes enough for about 20 small meatballs.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto ground turkey meatballs
- keto turkey meatballs with cheese
- keto turkey meatballs
- keto ground turkey recipes
- turkey meatballs keto