Keto Mushroom Cheese Frittata recipe is full of healthy fats and protein, and is low carb, ketogenic, gluten-free, and paleo. Every morning I make a delicious Keto Mushroom & Cheese Frittata. It also contains 4 grams of fiber. This recipe is definitely one of my favorites. I never tire of it. This recipe is one of the many I will post on the blog, which is one of the reasons you are reading my blog.
The Keto diet is a low carb, moderate protein, and high fat diet. It is becoming increasingly popular, but how does it work? This recipe for a Keto mushroom and cheese frittata will teach you how to make it, and why it is perfect for the Keto diet.
This is a delicious low carb and Keto friendly recipe that I have been enjoying with my family for quite some time now and it’s very easy and quick to make.
Keto Mushroom & Cheese Frittata recipe-
Preparation Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 30Min. Servings: 4
Frittatas, often known as “Italy’s open faced omelet,” are simple to prepare and flexible enough to serve at any meal. Fresh mushrooms with a creamy cheese sauce—delicious! In this delicious keto classic, the ideal accompaniment to the eggs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup chopped scallions, green parts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 9-inch baking dish in the oven to warm it up.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until browned and tender and all liquids have evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the yogurt, salt, pepper and thyme. Add the scallions and the cheese, mixing them in with a spatula.
- Remove the warm pie dish from the oven using oven mitts, and spray it with olive oil spray (or brush with olive oil). Transfer the mushrooms to the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake until edges are brown, frittata is golden brown and puffy, and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes, then slice into eight triangles and serve.
Nutritional value: 274 calories
Be sure to choose your cheese carefully! Select a cheese that has a superior melting quality like cheddar, fontina, or gruyere!
This very flavorful mushroom frittata is keto and low-carb, gluten-free, and made with just a few simple ingredients.
Keto Mushroom & Cheese Frittata is perfect for brunch, especially because you can prepare it in advance and reheat. It also makes a great meatless dinner, when accompanied by steamed veggies or a tossed salad.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A QUICHE AND A FRITTATA-
Both are based on eggs, with the addition of a creamy dairy, cooked meats and/or vegetables.
The main difference is that quiches are typically baked in a crust. So the filling can be a bit softer. This means you typically add more dairy (heavy cream usually) to a quiche, while in a frittata, the eggs are the stars of the show.
Another difference is that quiches are usually baked in a pie plate, while frittatas are first cooked in an oven-safe skillet, then finished in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mushroom allowed in keto diet?
With a creamy texture, mushrooms are one of the healthiest vegetables you can consume on a keto diet. They are low in carbs, calories and fat.
Which mushroom is lowest in carbs?
The white button mushroom is the lowest in carbs.
Are onions OK on keto?
Onions are not OK on keto.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- mushroom frittata recipe
- mushroom frittata
- mushroom frittata cooking light
- mushroom frittata baked
- spinach mushroom frittata recipe