I love eggs benedict and I have made it a few times the past year but I didn’t have the courage to tackle making it in a mug. I finally did and I’m so glad I did. This recipe of keto eggs benedict with mug bread is so easy and quick and it tastes AMAZING! It’s perfect for those mornings when you wake up and need to get something ready fast. Enjoy!
Eggs Benedict can be a time-consuming endeavor, but the good news is that this keto-friendly version can be on the table in less than half an hour. This recipe uses keto-friendly mug bread with a fluffy egg casserole made from coconut flour and mug bread.
Eggs Benedict can be a decadent breakfast or brunch dish when you are on the keto diet. Keto Eggs Benedict is such a simple dish but can be served in a variety of ways. This keto eggs Benedict recipe takes the traditional Benedict version and adds a yolk over the top. This is a quick and easy meal that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Keto Eggs Benedict with Mug Bread Recipe:-
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cook Time: 15Min. Servings: 2
With this ideal lazy Sunday keto breakfast, you can keep it elegant and traditional! Under a covering of handmade hollandaise, crispy toast, smoky ham, and a creamy poached egg. Eating these delicious eggs Benedicts is a difficult task, but someone has to do it, right?
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and paprika, to taste
- 2 servings keto mug bread
- 4 large eggs
- Canadian bacon, about 4 small slices
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- salt, as needed
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Separate egg yolks (for the hollandaise) and set the whites aside for a different recipe. Whisk the egg yolks in a metal bowl (that will fit over the pot) until they’re glossy and deep yellow. Add the lemon juice and whisk well again until incorporated.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a pan. Once melted, place the metal bowl over the pot as a double boiler. As the egg yolk mixture heats up, add the butter slowly while whisking to emulsify together.
- Continue whisking together as the mixture comes together and thickens up. Make sure not to apply too much heat to the mixture as the eggs will become scrambled if they get too hot.
- Season the hollandaise with salt and paprika, then set aside. Allow to cool before removing from the cup. Cut in half.
- Butter the mug bread and toast on a heated pan.
- Fry the ham on the same pan for about 3 minutes/side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot over medium heat, bring three inches of water to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar & salt to the water.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Lower the bowl gently into the simmering water. Use the same bowl to crack the other egg—lower the other egg in the simmering water.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes. When the time is up, use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs. Place on a plate with paper towels gently, and repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
- Assemble the eggs benedict. Place one slice of mug bread, canadian bacon, and a poached egg on top of each other. Season the egg with salt and pepper, if desired. Repeat this process with the remaining mug bread, canadian bacon, and eggs.
- Lastly, spoon the hollandaise mixture over the top of the eggs. If the hollandaise has become too thick, you can add a small amount of water into it and stir together until it’s spoonable again. Garnish with chopped chives and enjoy!
Nutritional Value: 780 calories
Keto Eggs benedict is as simple as making each component individually and assembling them together. While making it for the first time, make sure to read the directions carefully.
Intensely satisfying to savor on a lazy Sunday morning after half-finishing the weekend crossword, our keto eggs benedict eases you into the day of rest.
Keto Eggs Benedict with Mug Bread – Recipe. To make this dish gluten-free, use gluten-free bread, or use gluten-free bread crumbs in the sauce. There are so many other keto recipes which you can make with eggs and enjoy.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto eggs benedict avocado
- keto eggs benedict casserole
- carbs in eggs benedict
- keto hollandaise sauce
- eggs benedict without english muffin