If you have been following the Keto diet, youâve likely heard of the concept of eating butter to help offset your need to have carbs. Keto Chicken Liver PÃ¢tÃ© is a delicious way to offset the need for carbs while still making use of the Keto diet.
This delicious chicken liver pÃ¢tÃ© is naturally low in carbohydrates. Serve it as an appetizer or snack!
Keto Chicken Liver PatÃ© with Butter- Recipe: This chicken liver patÃ© recipe is ketogenic, itâs low carb and itâs easy to make. Itâs a great late evening alternative to a traditional liver patÃ©, and can be eaten with or without a crusty bread.
With thyme butter, Keto Chicken Liver PatÃ©
Prep. Time: 15Min. Cooking Time: 25Min. Serving: 8
This beautiful keto snack seems to be much more sophisticated than it is, and the ingredients are extremely inexpensive. Serve with pickled onions as a delicious appetizer for the holidays.
- 1/2 lb. Chicken liver
- 1/3 cup Butter (unsalted, softened)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut cream (or heavy cream if not paleo)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 medium red Onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh thyme (leaves removed from the stalks)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. brandy or port wine or other type of liquor that you like (optional)
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and cook in a couple of tablespoons of butter over medium high heat until tender. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add a few more tablespoons of butter to the same pan. Fry the liver until it is golden brown on both sides. Pour in the bourbon. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 4-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the juices by lowering the heat. Allow it cool for a few minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the fried onion, garlic, and liver with the remainder of the butter and tomato paste to make a smooth batter. In a small baking dish (about 7 Ã 8 inches), spread out the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, melt four ounces of butter for the topping over medium heat. Allow the white protein to settle to the bottom of the pan before carefully pouring the butter into a small bowl.
- Add the thyme and pepper and mix well. Allow to chill in the refrigerator after pouring the melted butter over the patÃ© batter & securing tightly with a plastic wrap.
- Serve with pickled red onions or cucumbers on seed crackers or thin pieces of low-carb toast.
The patÃ© may be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. It will stay in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
The keto diet is one of the most popular diets over the past few years and with good reason. For the majority of people who follow the diet, it is extremely effective. It helps your body to burn fat, which are two of the three main components of weight. This healthy diet is not only good for weight but also helps your body to function as it should. Every bite is packed with flavor and great nutrition!
Granted, pate is one of those foods you need to have the palate for to enjoy. For those who love rich and savory chicken liver pate, this recipe is simple enough to follow and results in a seriously delicious snack or appetizer. This keto liver pate makes a great appetizer, especially when served with grain-free crackers or low-carb bread. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is patÃ© Keto?
No, patÃ© is not Keto.
Why do you put butter on top of pate?
Butter is a spreadable fat that can be used to make food more palatable.
Can you eat liver on keto?
Yes, liver is a high-fat food.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chicken liver pate recipe
- keto chicken liver pate
- keto chicken liver recipe
- paleo chicken liver pate
- low fat chicken liver pate