This recipe for Honey BBQ Chicken Wings is the perfect way to enjoy any night of football. The combination of honey, brown sugar and spice make this dish irresistible!
The “honey bbq chicken wings filipino style” is a recipe that uses honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. The dish is typically served with rice.
BBQ Chicken Wings
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time:50min. Yield: 20 chicken wings
- 125gm flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt (kosher)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- paprika, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 20 chicken wings, tips removed, drums and flats separated
- lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 170gm honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
WASHING AND DRYING THE WINGS:
- Place a wire rack on top of a parchment lined baking sheet. The rack and sheet should be close to the same size. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken wings with equal parts of cold water and vinegar. Cut lemon in half and squeeze one half of the juice into the water/vinegar. Allow wings to soak for about 20-30 minutes, then drain the water.
- Line the wet wings on the wire rack and place in the refrigerator uncovered to dry for about 1 hour or overnight. Flip the wings halfway through so both sides can dry evenly. If you don’t have much time, you can go ahead and pat the wings dry with a clean paper towel.
FOR THE CHICKEN WINGS:
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. If you have an oven proof rack that fits on top of your baking sheet, you can place that on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, hot chilli powder, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
- Place all the chicken in a medium bowl, then sprinkle on ⅓ of the seasoning blend.
- Use a wooden spoon to toss the wings and coat the wings. Continue to sprinkle on more and more of the seasoning blend while tossing the wings until all the seasoning has been added.
- Line all the wings onto the lined baking sheet, don’t worry about them touching. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the wings and flip them to the other side. Return to oven and bake for another 25 minutes. While wings are baking, prepare the Honey BBQ Sauce.
FOR THE HONEY BBQ SAUCE:
- Add the unsalted butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until melted.
- Once butter has melted, add the BBQ sauce, honey and ketchup. Stir to combine, then allow to come to a simmer.
- As soon as the sauce begins to simmer, decrease the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the wings have finished baking, place them all into a large clean bowl. Pour the Honey BBQ Sauce over chicken, then use a clean wooden spoon to toss the wings until they’re completely coated in the sauce.
- If you used parchment paper, it may be pretty dirty by now so feel free to replace it with a fresh sheet of parchment.
Nutritional value: 185cal.
The “barbecue chicken wings recipe” is a recipe that will have you craving for more. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious. Everything about these wings are AMAZING!! From the crispy perfectly seasoned chicken to the heavenly sweet and tangy Honey BBQ Sauce! They’re ridiculously easy to make.
These wings are seasoned to perfection with 5 simple seasonings: kosher salt, black pepper, hot chili powder, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Add an equal amount of each seasoning to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle seasoning blend onto the chicken about ¼ to ⅓ at a time, tossing with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- sweet baby ray’s bbq chicken wings in oven
- honey bbq wings recipe
- fried honey bbq wings
- sweet baby ray’s bbq wing sauce recipe
- honey bbq wings kfc