These breaded pork chops are perfect for a quick and easy dinner. There is no more difficult recipe to follow, but don’t let that fool you into thinking they’re not delicious! This dish packs a ton of flavor onto only 4-5 ingredients. The air fryer makes it super fast and easy to make, while also helping keep the total fat count down! In addition, this recipe comes with some side dishes like rice or potatoes so there is really no limit on your creativity when entertaining guests at home!.
When you hear the words “pork chops”, what comes to mind? For some people, pork ribs. But for others, it may be bacon wrapped pork chops. And still other people might think of chicken or turkey breast with a crispy breaded skin on them! Of course that’s not all there is-there are many different types of meat and an endless variety of ways they can be cooked! So whether you’re looking for information about how to cook your favorite dish in this appliance or just trying something new altogether, these recipes will have your guests clamoring for more once they’ve tasted the results!.
This breaded air fryer pork chops recipe is crispy and tasty. The breading gives the pork an extra crunch, but it’s not too heavy or overpowering. The flavor of this dish is light and delicious. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal!
This is the first air fryer recipe I’ve come across that I like!! I just acquired an Emeril Lagasse power air fryer and have found it to be deficient in many ways. I found the protein to be undercooked and rubbery every time I tried one of their protein dishes. That was not the case with this recipe. Having said that, I did make some changes. The cooking time was increased to 25 minutes. Side one takes 15 minutes, while side two takes 10 minutes. I found making croutons to be very time consuming, so I substituted panko bread crumbs with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. I only had to use one egg to cover four chops. It might have been the timing or my air fryer, but it worked great. It also defaults to 400°F for air fry, which I left alone. However, the fundamentals of this are fantastic, and I will absolutely do it again!
Breaded Air Fryer Pork Chops
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 15Min. Yield: 8
8 (4) Bone-in center-cut pork chops
non-fat cooking spray
Ingredients for Liquid Dredge Station:
2 egg , beaten
0.5 cup water
Ingredients for Dry Dredge Station:
2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 cup All-purpose flour , optional
8 teaspoons paprika
4 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic & onion powder each
1 teaspoon black pepper
0.5 – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper , more or less to taste
0.5 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the chops: Trim all fat from chops. Rinse with water to remove any bone particles.
- Prepare the Dredge Stations: In one shallow dish or baking pan, beat the egg with water. In another shallow bowl or baking pan, mix together Panko bread crumbs and spices.
- If adding the OPTIONAL flour dredge, set up a third pan with the flour.
- Coat the Chops: Dip each pork chop in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumbs, coating completely. Lightly spray both sides of coated pork chops with cooking spray right before cooking. Make sure to spray pork chops with oil well. Don’t leave any un-oiled areas because those bread crumbs will cook white and dry and not crispy.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 380°F for 4 minutes.
- Into the Fryer: Place chops in Air Fryer pan. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. If necessary, add a wire rack to create a second tier of pork chops (See photos). Insert drawer into fryer and close.
- Cook the Chops: Set the temperature to 380 degrees F and the time for 12 minutes. Turn the chops halfway through the cooking time and lightly spray with cooking spray. Close the drawer and then continue cooking for the remainder of time or until golden and internal temperature reaches 145-160°F.
- Give it a Rest: Allow the chops to rest for 3-minutes before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: For an easy 20-minute meal, serve with steamed vegetables, quick-cooking rice, and a fresh cucumber-tomato salad.
- Storage: Leftovers may be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional Info: 360kcal.
- For boneless chops, use the same temperature and an initial time of about 10 minutes, checking for doneness and adding additional time in 1 minute increments.
- If cooking in multiple batches & not pre-heating before first batch, the first batch will take longer to cook.
- Italian flavor – Swap the parsley for oregano or Italian spice blend.
- French Provincial – Swap the parsley for Herbs de Provence.
I just acquired an air fryer and felt compelled to put it to use. This was by far the nicest pork chops I’ve ever prepared, and they were really juicy! Instead of croutons, I used panko bread crumbs with garlic salt and onion powder.
Excellent! I’ll use extra Cajun flavor next time. We wished for a little more heat. The crust, on the other hand, was crisp, and the pork chops were soft and cooked through.
A simple yet delicious dish! To attain an internal temperature of 160 degrees, I utilized thick chopped chops (about 1.5 inches thick) and discovered that 11 minutes per side was required. On the exterior, it’s crispy, and on the inside, it’s delicious.
Pork chops with a crispy breading that are juicy and delicious – will absolutely cook again! To crisp the bread crumbs, I discovered that I needed to add two minutes each side.
I couldn’t believe how delicious these were, and cleanup was a breeze! Bread crumbs were utilized. They were delectable…juicy. I’d like to see more air frying recipes!!
It tasted delicious, however it took me 20 minutes to get them done and tender. My chops were barely 1/2 inch thick since I carefully followed the recommendations.
- air fryer pork chops with flour
- fried pork chops in air fryer
- air fryer pork chops (no breading)
- how long to cook pork chops in air fryer
- how long to cook breaded pork chops in air fryer