Best sandwiches are the ones that are super easy and can be done in a jiffy. The grilled avocado caprese crostini is the best of both worlds – the tiniest crostini you’ve ever tasted, and a balanced grilled avocado – perfect for a quick lunch or a weekend treat. This recipe has been passed around for awhile.
Avocados are a healthy, delicious, healthy food source. Avocado oil is a healthy, delicious, healthy oil. And, with the new community-driven silverbowbakery website, you can take advantage of the best of both worlds!
For all you avocado fanatics out there, pastry chef Petri has created a recipe that combines two of the healthy food’s favorite ingredients: avocado and Italian bread. The delicious sandwich is made of a sourdough hoagie roll and two slices of seasoned avocado, which are placed on the bottom half of the roll. Then, the top half of the roll is sliced in half, and tomato slices are placed on the top. You then seal the sandwich back up and grill it.
Sometimes all you need is a quick-to-prepare dish that will satisfy everyone. Quick and simple appetizers are these Grilled Avocado Caprese Crostini. There is no cooking required, and all of the ingredients are most likely already in your refrigerator! You’ll have an appetizer that guests will enjoy with a French baguette, avocado, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and seasoning – it’s filled with Italian Caprese salad taste. They’re excellent for parties and picnics since they’re easy to put together – simply slice and toast the bread, then add the toppings!
What exactly are Crostini?
Crostini is an Italian word that literally means “small toasts.” Small pieces of bread are gently roasted till golden and then covered with a variety of toppings. Although crostini and bruschetta are often used interchangeably, they are not the same thing. Bruschetta is an Italian word that meaning “to roast over coals” and refers to a kind of garlic bread that is served warm.
Grilled Avocado Caprese Crostini Recipe
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cook Time:
These Grilled Avocado Caprese Crostini come together quickly. With the avocado, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella on top of the toasted slices, you’ve got the ideal quick-to-assemble snack for your guests to enjoy!
- 8 pieces sliced French or Italian baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 9 ounces (250 grams) vine ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) baby mozzarella balls, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, divided
- 2tsp lime/lemon juice
- few garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Mash avocados with lime juice, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Remove from the equation.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet, drizzle both sides with olive oil and bake for 10 -15 minutes until golden, flipping toasts midway through to crisp all over. Rub the crostini with the cut side of the garlic while still warm and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Spread a thick layer of mashed avocado mixture over toasted pieces of bread
- Add halved cherry tomatoes on top.
- Divide 1/4 cup of the basil leaves on each slice of bread.
- Toss in the chopped mozzarella equally among all crostinis.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top. Serve right away.
– For the Avocado Caprese Crostini, a French or Italian baguette is ideal. It’s got the right texture and the perfect size!
– Use a balsamic reduction instead of balsamic vinegar; it will be somewhat sweeter. Don’t forget to sprinkle just before serving. If you pour the balsamic vinegar over the crostini too soon, it will run into the avocado and appear less appealing than freshly drizzled crostini.
– Because this is an uncooked appetizer, use the freshest ingredients you can find! Look for tomatoes that have been allowed to mature on the vine, fresh mozzarella, and delicious avocados.
– For color and taste, add fresh sweet basil leaves. Rub fresh toast slices with sliced garlic to give even more flavor (this adds just the right amount of garlic flavor without being too overpowering).
Avocado Caprese Crostini Storage
The Avocado Caprese Crostini will not keep well in the refrigerator. You may do some prep work ahead of time if you want to make it ahead of time. Slice the French baguette and keep the slices at room temperature in a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate the tomatoes and mozzarella after slicing them. You may also prepare the avocado mix ahead of time by mashing it. Assemble just before to serving.
Flip the crostini slices halfway through toasting to toast both sides for additional crispiness.
If you’re looking for a quick appetizer that’s perfect for a summer dinner party, look no further than these grilled avocado caprese crostini. The crostini are topped with grilled avocado, fresh mozzarella and tomato.
To create the caprese-esque topping, you’ll simply marinate a mix of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The result is a tasty appetizer or meal that’s low in calories, but high in flavor.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- avocado caprese salad
- avocado caprese pasta salad
- avocado caprese toast
- avocado caprese sandwich
- avocado caprese salad with grilled chicken