Do you crave something sweet and delicious for breakfast but don’t want to compromise on your vegan diet? This vegan strawberry pancakes recipe is the perfect way to indulge while staying healthy! You can make delicious, fluffy pancakes in no time at all and enjoy a guilt-free breakfast that you won’t soon forget.
Whip up a batch of delicious and fluffy vegan strawberry pancakes for breakfast! This simple recipe uses only vegan ingredients like almond milk and coconut oil, giving them a mild, nutty flavor. The batter is lightly spiced with cinnamon and vanilla extract to help enhance the sweetness of the strawberries. Serve them up with your favorite syrup or fruit topping for a delightful breakfast or brunch dish that’s sure to please everyone!
Vegan Strawberry Pancakes Recipe
This vegan strawberry pancakes recipe yields a stack of fluffy, moist and delicious pancakes. Enjoy them as is, or add a topping of your choice, such as vegan whipped cream or vegan butter, for an extra decadent treat!
Preparation Time: 15min. Cooking Time: 10min. Servings: 6
- 240 ml Milk of Choice – we use soy milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 15 ml Lemon Juice
- 5 ml Vanilla Extract
- 15 ml Light Olive Oil – or melted coconut oil
- 30 ml Maple Syrup – or liquid sweetener you love
- 150 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 140 g Strawberries – cored, finely diced (you can also use frozen)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk milk with lemon juice, oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Set aside 5 minutes while measuring the remaining ingredients.
- Add all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and form a smooth, slightly thick pancake batter.
- Stir in the strawberry pieces.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while heating the skillet.
- Heat a large pancake griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Scoop out 2-3 tablespoons of pancake batter per pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles form on the surface and the edges dry out and look set – it should take 2 or 3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for another 2 or 3 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack or plate and repeat these steps until you run out of batter.
- Serve with extra strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Nutritional Value: 165kcal./serving
There are many ways to enjoy vegan strawberry pancakes. Topping with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, syrup, or even a dollop of vegan whipped cream can add sweetness to the dish without adding animal products. Maple syrup is a classic topping for pancakes and it pairs very nicely with the strawberries in these pancakes—warming it slightly before serving is highly recommended for an extra special touch.
Other topping ideas include vegan butter and coconut yogurt, along with lemon juice, which pairs well with the natural sweetness of the strawberries. For a unique flavor twist, drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze over the pancakes and serve with a side salad that includes other spring vegetables like asparagus or peas. Finally, chopped nuts, vegan marshmallows, or fresh seasonal fruit such as blueberries or raspberries make an excellent addition as well.
Tips & Tricks
Making vegan strawberry pancakes doesn’t have to be difficult. With a few simple tricks, you can make a delicious breakfast treat for vegans and non-vegans alike.
First, start by getting the right ingredients. Be sure to use vegan egg-replacement such as an applesauce, ground flaxseed meal or silken tofu in place of the traditional eggs used in most recipes. You can also opt for baking soda or baking powder to achieve the fluffy texture that is desired in pancakes.
When it comes to sweeteners, many recipes call for refined sugar but if you prefer to make your pancakes free from white sugar then you can try using maple syrup or liquid stevia instead – both are plant-based and provide a slightly different flavour profile. If using stevia, remember to start with only half of the amount that is required by any recipe as it is much more concentrated than other sweeteners.
For an extra burst of flavour, consider adding fresh strawberries into the batter before cooking. This will give your pancakes a subtle hint of sweetness without overpowering them and will ensure each bite is filled with delicious strawberry goodness!
Finally, don’t forget that with all vegan dishes, presentation truly counts! Top your pancakes off with some extra sliced strawberries and a drizzle of agave nectar or coconut milk cream for optimum presentation points. Enjoy!
Strawberry pancakes are a delicious treat no matter how you serve them. Adding vegan ingredients to this classic breakfast dish makes it a tasty dish that everyone can enjoy.
Here are some ways to customize your vegan strawberry pancakes so they match your unique taste buds!
- Change up the flour: You can make vegan pancakes with different types of flour like almond, whole wheat, or rice flour for a new flavor profile.
- Add spices: Add a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg for extra warmth and spice to your vegan pancakes.
- Mix in other fruits or nuts: If you don’t have strawberries on hand, try adding bananas, blueberries, apples, or even walnuts or almonds for some crunchy texture!
- Top with coconut cream: Coconut cream is a great topping option for those looking for something dairy free and naturally sweetened. Plus it’s an excellent source of healthy fats that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- Swap out the sugar: If you want to reduce the amount of sugar used in the recipe, experiment with different natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, and stevia.
Your vegan strawberry pancakes are now ready to be devoured! We hope you’ve enjoyed making them as much as you’re going to enjoy eating them. These delightful pancakes are a perfect weekend brunch option and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Don’t forget – if you have any leftover pancake batter, store it in the fridge for up to three days, or place it in the freezer for up to three months. Now, go feast!