Want to make something special for your family without spending hours in the kitchen? You’re in luck! This saucy bean baked eggs recipe will not only tantalize their taste buds but also save you time! Perfect for busy days and delicious enough for Sundays, this recipe is sure to become a favorite.
This nutritious and delicious baked eggs recipe will make your mouth water! It’s packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a healthy way to start the day. The combination of sautéed onions, bell peppers and garlic provide an amazing flavor. The addition of tomatoes and kidney beans gives it a nice texture.
This saucy bean baked eggs recipe is an easy and delicious way to get your morning off to a great start. It’s sure to become a family favorite with its flavorful combination of spices, tomato sauce, cheese, and egg baked in the oven. All you need to make this cozy breakfast dish are a few basic ingredients.
Bean Baked Eggs Recipe
Best of all? It only takes 25 minutes to make! So before you go out to the café on your next morning off, try this hearty breakfast dish first – we promise you won’t be disappointed!
Prep. Time: 5Min. Cooking Time: 20Min. Serves: 2
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes/ tomato salsa (prepared before)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 muffin baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook for about 7 minutes or until soft and lightly browned in color; stir often.
- Add oregano during last minute of cooking time; stir together until all ingredients are combined well; remove from heat.
- In each muffin cavity in the greased baking pan pour about one tablespoon of the sautéed vegetable mixture evenly among all four cavities.; crack open each egg directly into a separate cavity of the greased baking pan over top vegetables arranging vegetables around each egg cavity as needed.
- Fill remaining gaps with drained kidney beans then sprinkle tomatoes over top evenly distributed among all eight cavities.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18–20 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are still slightly soft.
- Serve warm with chopped tomatoes or cilantro for garnish!
Nutritional Value: 375kcal.
To get started with this delicious recipe, preheat your oven to 375°F. While your oven is preheating, spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and spread ¼ cup of your favorite tomato sauce over the bottom of the plate. Top it off with freshly chopped spinach, ½ cup black beans, 8 ounces of cooked and diced sweet potato, ¼ cup diced red onion and 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño pepper.
Lastly, crack 4 eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour the egg mixture over the top of the prepared ingredients in the pie plate. Bake until egg mixture is cooked through – about 15-20 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs. Top with additional tomato sauce or freshly grated cheese if desired and serve warm. Enjoy!
This creamy, protein-packed dish is incredibly versatile and can be served in a range of ways. For a casual breakfast or brunch, serve the egg dish with lightly toasted slices of sourdough or whole wheat bread. Or, add a bed of chopped romaine lettuce and seasoned tomatoes for a lighter option.
If you’re cooking for guests, pair the bean baked eggs with roasted potatoes, cooked veggies such as broccoli or asparagus, and a crunchy side salad. No matter how you serve it, this dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Baked eggs in tomato sauce, often referred to as shakshouka or shakshuka, is a popular Middle Eastern dish. It’s quick and simple to make and much of the work can be done ahead of time, making this a great meal for busy weeknights. There are many variations and additions you can make to give the dish your own unique twist and make it your own.
One popular variation is adding cooked chicken or pork sausage for extra flavor and protein. Or add in crumbled goat cheese for a creamy texture and tangy flavor. Feta cheese can also be used for an even saltier taste. To give your tomato sauce extra depth of flavor, try sautéing vegetables such as onion, bell peppers, garlic or mushrooms before adding them in with the canned tomatoes. You can also add some smoked paprika or chili flakes to amp up the spice factor.
Adding fresh herbs such as oregano or thyme also takes this dish up a notch in both flavor and aromatics – plus it will make your kitchen smell amazing! If you’re feeling really adventurous, try adding some freshly roasted green chilis to the mix for an extra-spicy kick. Feel free to play around with different ingredients until you find just the right combination that suits your tastes!
We hope you enjoyed this delicious baked egg recipe! This dish is great for breakfast, brunch, or a light dinner if served with a side of toast. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different variations, such as adding different herbs or spices for extra flavor.
Enjoy your meal and don’t forget to share it with friends and family!
Is baked beans and eggs healthy?
Eggs, beans and veggies are all very rich source of proteins. They are nutritious and healthy at any time of day.
What is a baked egg called?
Are beans and eggs good together?
Breakfast beans and eggs are an absolute classic– simple, cheap and full of good stuff.