Do you crave fluffy and delicious pancakes without vegan guilt? Look no further! This vegan banana pancakes recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious breakfast with a healthier twist. For those wanting to reduce their animal product consumption, this vegan pancake recipe will get the taste buds tingling. Here’s how to make it – you won’t regret it!
This easy vegan banana pancakes recipe is the perfect way to start your day! It’s light, fluffy and full of flavor. Plus it’s made with just 5 simple ingredients, so you can whip them up in a jiffy! Perfect for a special weekend breakfast or for busy weekdays.
These vegan banana pancakes are tender on the inside with golden brown edges on the outside. Serve them with some vegan butter and maple syrup for a delicious and comforting breakfast. Or give them some extra sweetness with fresh fruit or even vegan chocolate chips! For an even healthier treat, swap out the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flourinstead.
No matter what you choose to top these with, this tasty stack of pancakes is sure to hit the spot. Enjoy!
Benefits of Eating Vegan
From reducing your risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes to boosting energy levels, there are numerous health benefits of eating vegan. Many people adopt a vegan lifestyle for the health-related gains, but include far more than just avoiding animal products. When you reduce or eliminate animal proteins from your diet, you automatically increase your intake of plant-based proteins such as legumes, nuts and seeds. Plant-based diets are generally naturally low in unhealthy fats and are linked with healthier cholesterol levels.
Another great benefit of following a vegan diet is that it can help improve digestion. Since a vegan diet typically centers on high-fiber foods like legumes, fruits, vegetables and whole grains this can assist with managing gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea and constipation and aid in weight management as well.
Finally consuming more plant-based products helps reduce excess acid in the body; acidic waste created by animal products is one of the primary contributors to systemic acidosis which leads to degenerative diseases – by eliminating or reducing consumption of these types of items promoting optimal health becomes that much easier!
Vegan Banana Pancakes Recipe
Creating a vegan version of banana pancakes doesn’t have to be complicated. All you need are a few basic ingredients and some kitchen tools. With just the right combination of these staples, you’ll have fluffy and flavorful pancakes that are sure to please vegans and non-vegans alike!
Prep. Time: 10Min. Cooking Time: 15Min. Serves: 6
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk, or oats milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or any other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- maple syrup, berries, sliced bananas to garnish (optional)
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer (optional)
- Nonstick or cast iron skillet or griddle
- In a large bowl, mash 1 ripe banana with a fork until almost smooth.
- Add in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and sugar. Mix until it forms a slightly lumpy batter without any clumps of flour remaining.
- Create a well in the center of the bowl, then add in almond milk or any other plant-based milk. Whisk together until everything is fully combined with no lumps remaining.
- Grease a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat before scooping ¼ cup mounds of pancake batter onto it for each pancake (you’ll want to add more oil when needed). Let cook until small bubbles start forming on top of the pancake before flipping them onto the other side carefully (about two minutes per side).
- When both sides are golden brown and cooked through, transfer pancakes to serving plates/bowls with desired toppings such as vegan butter, syrup or fresh fruit slices enjoyed! Enjoy hot!
Nutritional Value: 100kcal.
Tips and Tricks
When making vegan banana pancakes, some helpful tips and tricks include:
- Using mashed bananas instead of dairy-free substitutions.
- Using the correct type of flour – 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free baking mix, to ensure the desired texture.
- Adding either one teaspoon baking powder or one teaspoon baking soda to your batter to make fluffy, light pancakes.
- Adding one tablespoon of sugar, if desired, to make sure the pancakes are not too sweet or too salty.
- Adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt to your mixture to allow for the flavors in the Pancake mixture to balance out better.
- Adding a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon into the mix before cooking for an extra pop of flavor.
- Using a nonstick pan when making vegan banana pancakes as they tend to be sticky and take longer than regular pancakes to cook through when using just oil or butter as a cooking aid.
With these valuable tips, you can make delicious vegan pancakes every time!
Once you have mastered the basics of your vegan banana pancakes, you might want to try some variations. Adding other ingredients to the batter can create unique tastes.
- Chocolate chip pancakes: Add a handful of vegan-friendly chocolate chips to the pancake mix before cooking for a decadent breakfast treat.
- Cinnamon spice pancakes: Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg into the batter for a warming, autumnal flavor.
- Blueberry pancakes: Fold in some fresh or frozen blueberries during cooking for an extra juicy twist.
- Savory pancakes: For something different, add vegan bacon pieces and grated cheese to a savory pancake mix.
Once your pancakes are cooked, you have a few serving options. To keep things vegan, use syrup and nut-based butter substitutes. Otherwise, honey, pancake syrups, agave and loads of other vegan toppings can be used to create the perfect breakfast.
You can also choose some of your favorite fruit toppings such as banana slices, blueberries or raspberries; they won’t only look beautiful but will add a fruity flavor. Nuts also pair extremely well with this recipe as they provide protein and delicious crunch in every mouthful. For an even healthier option, serve it with fresh yogurt for a fresh and tangy touch. Whichever topping you choose will make these vegan banana pancakes suit your taste perfectly!
Your vegan banana pancakes are now ready to be served. Enjoy them plain, or top them with various fruits for added flavor. If you have a sweet tooth, you can also drizzle some of your favorite vegan syrup on top. No matter how you serve them, these pancakes make for a delicious breakfast that is sure to satisfy the whole family. Bon appétit!