Most of us in the US have had our fair share of strawberry shortcake, but have you ever tried strawberry muffins? These fresh, seasonal fruits make the most delightful muffins, and thanks to their sweet, summery flavor and tender texture, they are also the perfect base for many desserts. We recommend you try our recipe for strawberry muffins to see how delicious, delicious they can be!
Do not like strawberry? Try this on for size: we will be using the (standard North American) white wheat flour, but you can always substitute different types. The recipe below yields 6-8 muffins; if you’re looking to bake a larger batch, increase the ingredients by the same ratio, and multiply this ingredient amount by the number of muffins you want to bake. Baking time will be around 30 minutes.
Make these to celebrate the first day of spring. They will be a great way to spend time with the family and friends. They are also an awesome treat for the whole family.
Strawberry muffins are a fast and simple dish that are great for spring and summer. It’s also a departure from the ubiquitous blueberry muffins. Strawberries are frequently less expensive than blueberries and taste just as good. The muffins’ tops will be crispy, but the insides will be mushy. The strawberries provide the perfect amount of acidity and juiciness to the dish. There are no difficult steps to follow. Simply stir together the wet and dry ingredients before baking till golden brown. You also don’t require any costly components. Fresh strawberries, flour, sugar, eggs, and yogurt are all you need. These strawberry muffins are delicious!
Strawberry Muffins: How to Make Them
Prep. Time: 10Min. Baking Time: 25Min. Servings: 8
The traditional techniques of preparation are utilized to make these muffins. To begin, whisk together the wet components until smooth. After that, the dry ingredients are combined. To make a smooth paste, combine the wet and dry components.
Ingredients of Strawberry Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cup chopped strawberry
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
To prepare this delicious muffin recipe, first chop the strawberries into rough pieces. Keep them aside. Next, preheat the oven at 375F. Meanwhile, oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
Take a big bowl and add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in it. Also, add strawberries into this bowl and mix everything together.
Take another bowl and break eggs in it. Add melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract in this bowl and mix everything together till it is well blended.
Transfer the egg and milk mixture into the flour and strawberry mix and fold them together till the muffin batter is very well mixed.
Pour the muffin batter into the tray. Place some sugar on the top of the uncooked muffins.
Bake the muffins at 375F for around 25 minutes or till the toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool.
Serve these delectable muffins as a dessert or a tea time snack, with a frosting of your choice. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
Nutritional value:340 calories
Using the bread machine to make strawberry muffins
– Do not use frozen strawberries in these strawberry muffins. They give the cakes a softer texture. Fresh strawberries are the finest!
– Yogurt enhances baked products’ texture by making them moist and crumbly. If you don’t have yogurt on hand, buttermilk will suffice. You may also create your own buttermilk by mixing 12 cup milk with 12 tablespoons lemon juice. Allow for a 10-minute curdling period before using.
– Add sprinkles to the filling if you prefer your muffins crispy. To create your own, combine the following ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form. 6 tablespoons butter, 1 cup flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, a sprinkle of salt Before baking, sprinkle it on top of the muffins.
– If you don’t want to use eggs, ground flaxseed, smashed apples, or even bananas may be substituted.
– Use coconut yogurt and an egg replacement to make these vegan. Use gluten-free flour (or almond flour) and a natural sweetener to make them healthier.
How do you keep strawberry muffins fresh?
These strawberry muffins keep nicely in the freezer. Individual cupcakes may be wrapped in cling film and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature or in a microwave on high for 50 seconds. You may keep them at room temperature for up to two days or refrigerate them for up to a week.
These muffins are great for lunches at school or at work. The frozen muffin may be packed in the morning and eaten by noon.
Did you know that you could add chocolate to your strawberry muffins? Well, there’s a secret ingredient that adds a touch to the delicious fruit. And why stop at chocolate? You can also add pretzels for a crunchy texture and chocolate-covered raisins for sweetness.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- strawberry muffins recipe easy
- strawberry muffins recipe healthy
- strawberry muffins
- bakery style strawberry muffins
- strawberry muffins with crumb topping