Key Lime Pie Recipe “Key Lime Pie Recipe” presents a key lime pie recipe that will surely be a hit at your next gathering. The fact that this dessert is vegan makes it even more appealing. You can even make this pie ahead of time. It is not difficult to make this pie. The ingredients are simple and you can get them at your local grocery store.
If you love the taste of key lime pie, you’ll love our recipe—simple, but fresh with a hint of zest. For a perfect pie, use a Meyer lemon for a bright, tart flavor. This pie is best served chilled, so double the recipe for a large crowd.
Key lime pie is a simple and delicious dish that everyone will enjoy. With its creamy filling and crunchy base crust, this pie stands out, providing a wonderful textural contrast with each mouthful. It’s a dish that blends the sweetness of key limes with the tanginess of the fruit. Serve with whipped cream and thin key lime slices as garnish.
The key lime juice, which gives the dish its fragrant and refreshing flavor, is the pie’s hidden ingredient. When mature, key limes are smaller and more yellowish than ordinary limes. Key limes are readily found in tropical climates; in fact, the term “key lime” is linked with the Florida Keys, where the warm temperature allows for abundant key lime cultivation.
Key Lime Pie Recipe:
Prep. Time: 20Min. Cooking Time: 25Min. Yield: 10 Servings
Key Lime Pie requires very basic ingredients to make is very yummy dessert to have..
- 190 g finely crushed graham cracker crumbs, from about 12 whole graham crackers
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 55 g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling-
- Two 396 ml cans sweetened condensed milk
- 240 g plain Greek yogurt (2% or whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 180 ml fresh lime juice
For the Toppings-
- 240 ml cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 8 to 10 thin lime slices
A Step-by-Step Guide
FOR THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 190°C and set an oven rack in the middle position.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter; stir with a fork first, and then your hands until the mixture is well combined. Using your fingers and the bottom of a glass or dry measuring cup, press the crumbs firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 23 x 4-cm pie pan. The crust should be about ¼-inch thick. (Tip: do the sides first.)
- Bake for 10 minutes, until just slightly browned. Let the crust cool on a wire rack.
FOR THE FILLING
- Lower the oven temperature to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour the thick mixture into the warm graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes, until the filling is almost set; it should wobble a bit. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly, about 3 hours.
FOR THE TOPPING
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until medium peaks form. Top the pie with the whipped cream. Decorate with the lime zest and lime slices. Store the pie in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice the pie into wedges, wiping your knife clean between slices, and serve cold.
Nutritional Value: 480kcal
-You can make the crust a day ahead of time, but the filling should be added on the day of serving, otherwise the crust will get soggy.
-By putting a toothpick into the middle of the hot pie, you can see whether it’s ready. If the toothpick comes out clean or with just a few little pieces stuck to it, the key lime pie is done.
-Instead of using a ladle or a spatula, you may use an electric blender to mix the components. While mixing the components with an electric blender, just move your hand in one direction.
-Vanilla essence may be used in lieu of vanilla extract in the same proportions.
How to Keep Key Lime Pie Fresh
The key lime pie may be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days. You may also cover it in aluminum foil and freeze it for approximately 2 months.
You Might Also Enjoy These Recipes-
Pie with Coconut Cream
Key Lime Pie is the quintessential summer dessert, made with sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and a graham cracker crust. For this recipe, we use a lovely combination of lime and key lime juice along with a hint of vanilla and a hint of spices. This recipe is perfect for a summer night, and we highly recommend pairing it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make a delicious and filling dessert.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Key Lime and lime?
Key Lime is a type of citrus fruit that is grown in Florida and has a flavor that is more tart than lime.
Can I use regular limes in place of key limes?
Yes, you can use regular limes in place of key limes.
What is key lime pie filling made of?
Key lime pie filling is made of key limes, eggs, sugar, and cornstarch.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- key lime pie recipe easy
- key lime pie recipe with cream cheese
- key lime pie recipe best
- key lime pie recipe food network
- key lime pie recipe martha stewart
- 1 Key Lime Pie Recipe:
- 2 Tips
- 3 How to Keep Key Lime Pie Fresh
- 4 You Might Also Enjoy These Recipes-