These soft, doughy pretzels are the perfect addition to any party or gathering. They’re easy to make and can be customized with additional toppings according to your liking.
The “soft pretzels recipe no yeast” is a homemade soft pretzel recipe without yeast and uses baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and melted butter.
Soft Pretzels Recipe
Prep. time:25Min. Cooking time: 20Min. Yield: 12
- 360 ml lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 570-600g all-purpose flour
- 9 cups water
- 3 tbsp. oil (distributed) or melted unsalted butter
- 120g baking soda
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt that is coarse for sprinkling
- Combine water, salt, and sugar in a mixing dish. Add the yeast and let aside for 5 minutes, or until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Combine the flour and 2 tablespoons of oil in a mixing bowl and stir until a dough forms.
- Cover the dough and cover the basin with the remaining oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour in a warm location.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Silicone baking mats are highly recommended over parchment paper. If using parchment paper, lightly spray with nonstick spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Poke the dough with your finger – if it bounces back, it is ready to knead. Knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces and wrap each piece into a thin rope, twisting the two ends together to make a pretzel shape.
- Bring a big saucepan of water to a roaring boil with baking soda. Cook each pretzel for 25-30 seconds on each side in a pot of boiling water. Lift the pretzel out of the water and allow as much of the excess water to drip off. Place pretzel onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each with coarse sea salt. Repeat with remaining pretzels. If desired, you can cover and refrigerate the boiled/unbaked pretzels for up to 24 hours
- Brush the pretzels with egg wash or you can bake them as such. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Nutritional value: 340cal.
Baking Soda Bath- The baking soda bath is strongly recommended because it helps create that chewy texture and distinctive pretzel flavor. If skipping, brush the shaped and unbaked pretzels with a mixture of 1 beaten egg + 1 Tablespoon of dairy or nondairy milk. This is known as an egg wash. The egg wash will help the salt stick.
Cinnamon sugar Pretzels- Melt 4 Tablespoons (60g) of unsalted or salted butter (your choice). Brush the baked and warm pretzels with melted butter then dip the tops into a mix of cinnamon and sugar. I usually use 3/4 cup (150g) of granulated sugar and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Cinnamon sugar pretzels are best served that day because due to the melted butter topping, they become soggy after a few hours.
Storage- Cover and store leftover soft pretzels at room temperature for up to 3 days. They lose a little softness over time. To reheat, microwave for a few seconds or bake in a 350°F (177°C) for 5 minutes.
These pretzels are soft and chewy in the middle, golden brown on the outside, and have that delicious iconic pretzel flavor. Serve with mustard dip or your favorite dips.
Soft pretzels are such a delicious snack and can be served with all sorts of dips and condiments such as mustard, ketchup, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Artichoke Dip, or nacho cheese dip. They pretty much go with anything so choose your favor
- german soft pretzel recipe
- sweet pretzel recipe
- pretzel recipe easy
- auntie Anne’s soft pretzel recipe
- pretzel recipe uk