I’ve always enjoyed breadstick recipes. There are only a few things I don’t like about them: how much time and hard work they take, and how they won’t work if you’re using home-made pizza dough instead of the kind you use for breadsticks (they make a bad crust). So, I decided to try and find an easy breadstick recipe that would work on pizza dough.
Breadsticks are a great snack to keep around the house. You can add them to any meal or just sit them in front of you and enjoy! This recipe is easy to make and the dough can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days. I love to serve them with spaghetti or baked potatoes.
A breadstick is a small, thin, Italian breadstick. The name comes from the fact that breadsticks are tiny, and that the bread itself (which is often round) is narrow. Breadsticks are always baked in a small round pan. The size of the breadstick makes them an ideal snack: they are small enough to keep in a pocket, but they are long enough to be eaten with a fork and knife, instead of the hands.
To serve with a dinner meal, homemade breadsticks may be used in lieu of ordinary bread or dinner rolls. These Italian breadsticks, also known as grissini, are not only beautiful on the table, but also light and fluffy in texture and flavorful. The breadsticks have been imbued with tomato taste, making each bite delectable. You’ll need the fundamental bread components (flour, yeast, sugar, salt), as well as some optional additions like olive oil, tomato paste, and herbs. Serve as a snack or add your favorite topping to these breadsticks. They’ll taste just like the ones you get at a restaurant, if not better.
Breadsticks: How to Make Them
Prep Time: 1hr25Min. Cook Time: 30Min. Servings: 20
The wet components are mixed first, then the dry ingredients are added to the wet ones to make a dough. Once the dough has been made, it is allowed to rise until it has doubled in size. The dough is flattened out and sliced into strips once it has risen. These strips are twisted, sesame seeds are placed on top, and cooked until brown. They’re ready to serve and consume at this point!
- bread flour or all-purpose flour- 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1¼ tbsp. fine salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Olive oil , melted butter, or water, for brushing
- Sesame seeds or Parmesan cheese , for sprinkling
- Dried Oregano or Herbs (toppings)
– You don’t need a sophisticated bread machine for this recipe; you can make them by hand!
— For this recipe, you may use quick yeast for active dry yeast. Don’t omit the yeast in this recipe; it adds flavor and texture to the breadsticks.
– Serve the breadsticks with a dipping sauce of your choice or with soup.
– Garlic and parmesan cheese may be added to the dough if you don’t want the tomato taste.
– Do you have any pizza dough left over? You can also use it to create these homemade breadsticks!
Toppings for Breadsticks
You may also use freshly ground salt instead of sesame seeds. Alternatively, try any of the following delectable garnishes:
3 tsp poppy seeds, 1 tbsp dried minced garlic, 1 tbsp dried minced onion, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sesame seeds, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp sesame seeds
1 packet ranch flavor mix, 1 tsp dry chopped onion, sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Combine lukewarm water, tomato paste, rosemary, and thyme in a mixing dish.
- Stir in the salt, sugar, and dry yeast well. Mix in the olive oil until everything is well combined.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Then, for a few minutes, knead the dough with your hands until it comes together.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour in a warm area, covered with a kitchen cloth or plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Celsius. Using parchment paper, line a baking pan. Form the dough into a rectangle by patting or rolling it out.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1 cm/3/8′′ strips starting on the short side.
- To create a spiral, twist the ends of each strip in opposing ways and spin. Carry on with the rest of the stripes.
- Brush with water or melted butter or olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for 25-30 minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet or until they turn light golden brown & crispy.
Let them be golden brown in color. Remove the breadsticks from the oven, plate them, and enjoy!
Nutritional Value: 120 calories
What is the best way to preserve homemade breadsticks?
After the breadsticks have cooled, keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Is it possible to freeze homemade breadsticks?
Breadsticks that have been cooked and cooled may be frozen. Using cling wrap and aluminum foil, wrap the package securely. Thaw at room temperature before reheating in the oven.
Check to see whether the water is warm enough to touch. The yeast will not work if the temperature is too low. If the temperature is too high, the yeast will die.
This is a great weekend project and makes for an easy and fun appetizer for any gathering. It’s simple to make and what it lacks in sophistication it more than makes up for in simplicity. This is a great weekend project and makes for an easy and fun appetizer for any gathering. It’s simple to make and what it lacks in sophistication it more than makes up for in simplicity.. Read more about garlic breadstick recipe and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- easy breadstick recipe no yeast
- easy breadstick recipe
- homemade breadstick recipes
- Italian breadsticks recipe
- crispy breadstick recipe