If you’ve ever come across “the perfect burger bun” and wondered how you can make it yourself, you’re in luck! I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Today, I’m going to show you how to make the best burger buns you’ve ever tasted. These are so good, you’ll never want to go back to store-bought buns again. The recipe couldn’t be any easier, let me teach you how to make your perfect burger bun.
Welcome back to the Silverbow Bakery blog! I’m delighted to announce that I’ve just published a recipe for a burger bun. These are great with just about any burger toppings, and are also excellent with a tasty tomato and lettuce salad.
It makes 12 buns which is enough for a medium sized burger.
Making your own burger buns is something that many home chefs never consider. They either believe it is too difficult or that the buns will not turn out as well as those served in restaurants. Well, we’re here to inform you that with this recipe, creating homemade buns is simple. These buns have a strong taste. They’re somewhat sweet, with a soft, fluffy texture that’s ideal for holding all of your hamburger components. What are the ingredients you’ll need to create them? Water, milk, vegetable oil, flour, yeast, and a few sesame seeds are all used in this recipe. Prepare to create the Best Hamburger Buns you’ve ever had—they’re much superior than store-bought alternatives!
How to Make Homemade Burger Buns
Prep. Time: 20Min. Baking Time: 15Min. Dough Rising: 2Hrs. Servings: 8
It’s not difficult to prepare burger buns from scratch, but it does take some time. After combining all of the ingredients and kneading until smooth, the dough has to rest for a few hours to let the gluten to form. The buns are formed and cooked till golden after these rising times.
- 3.5-4 cups all purpose flour [you may or may not need all of it]
- 1.25 cups warm water
- 2.5-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1.25 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, or as needed (topping)
- 1 large egg mixed with 2 tablespoons of water for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to brush on top
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In the steel bowl of your stand mixer , mix together 3 cups flour, salt, sugar and instant yeast. Set aside.
- In a pan warm together water and butter till the butter melts. let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add the cooled water-butter mixture now to the 1/2 of the flour mixture and mix. Add the whisked egg and mix.
- Now, knead the dough on low speed until soft and sticky, 5 to 6 minutes. Scrape sides if needed. Poke and prod the dough with a silicone spatula; if large amounts of dough stick to the spatula, add a little more flour.
- drizzle olive oil into the bowl, and turn dough over in the bowl several times to coat surface thinly with oil. Cover bowl with aluminum foil. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down to release the air.
- Divide it into 10 equal portions. You can use a kitchen scale to make sure all dough balls are equal. Roll each dough portion into a ball and place on baking sheet , around 3 inches apart.
- Once you have made all the dough balls, cover with a kitchen towel and let them rise for an hour or till almost doubled in size. Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Beat 1 egg with milk in a small bowl, using a fork, until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Once the dough balls have risen, very gently and lightly brush tops of buns with egg wash without deflating the risen dough. Sprinkle each bun with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400 F degrees for 12 minutes, rotating once in the middle. The tops of the buns will appear golden brown when done.
- Remove from oven, brush them immediately with melted butter. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Burger Buns: How to Store Them
The homemade burger buns may be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days in an airtight container. You may even freeze them if you make sure they are well covered.
Before using, remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
* Use a good quality yeast. If you do not have instant yeast, you can use active dry yeast. Use the same quantity as instant yeast however activate it using warm first first. Add 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar in warm water, sprinkle active dry yeast and let it proof for 10 minutes. You will know the yeast is active when the mixture bubbles up.
* You can make smaller buns and that way you will get more buns out of this dough.
* Do not add more flour than required. Stop when you see the dough leaving the sides.
Make tiny bread sliders with this recipe – it’s a great way to serve mini hamburgers as an appetizer. Just divide the dough in smaller portion and bake.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good burger bun?
A good burger bun is one that is soft and fluffy, but not too wet. It should be able to hold the patty and condiments without falling apart.
Do you butter a burger bun?
Yes, I do.
Can burger bun be made vegan too?
Yes, they can be.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- burger bun recipe vegan
- burger bun recipe uk
- burger bun recipe bread machine
- brioche burger bun recipe
- hamburger bun recipe no yeast